Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Immer

Re: [MoP] 5.1 Interview: Dave Kosak & Cory Stockton

Yes they are.

I'm not the type to guild hop to find "the guild" or accept ever being carried, so if it takes more time I want more time and they're stealing that.

6months per patch is much more reasonable.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
in all fairness dark if they take 4 mos to bring 5.2 it will be 6 mos between raid patches.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to DarkLogix
I don't like guild hopping, so that's not what I'm implying. What I'm saying is that Blizzard isn't screwing you, Darklogix, if your guild/raid team cannot "win" the race against the patch roll-out. That is an unhealthy mindset, and it is the mindset that I'm trying to address. If they drop a new patch, and you haven't killed everything in the old one... well... you should probably accept that you "didn't make it this round" rather than blame Blizzard for "screwing your group over".

With LFR, I think 6months is too long. The real problem is your raiding group is still getting to know themselves and each other... and you (as a group) have simply not found your groove yet.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
reply to DarkLogix
ONoz u guild hopper. LOL JK Dark. During Cata we were in BoT and TotFW and BWD, when Firelands dropped. We were forced to make a descision. As a Guild, if you are not doing the most current content, you run the risk of losing members. So we choose to do FL until we hit a wall. Whwen we got to a boss that was a problem, we went kill Nefarian and Chog. It worked for a while, but The old stuff just stopped getting done.
--
Cigtyme - Alliance - Galakrond - Draneri Arcane Mage
GM and RL of Exalted with Chuck Norris (Before damn Commercial)
"What the hell man, wipe it, we fricken can't heal this damn thing to death"

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
I'm optimistic that CRZ will alleviate that as far as "getting to see it" goes. At some point, we will all have to say "man, we were this close to beating it before XYZ dropped..." it shouldn't ruin your gaming experience.