Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

Help to "vectorize"

logo.psd.zip
18,835 bytes
LOGO.PSD (Right-Click to save?)
Hello,

I am attempting to vectorize a logo I've made for myself and it's befuddling me as to how I'd do this?

I have attached it, was wondering if someone could help me to figure it out and\or help me to make it work lol.

I'm just the dumb electrician :P

I would like to extend major grattitude to whoever offers help/education/assistance

Zacron

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

Do you have Adobe Illustrator or another vector program?

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

Yes, CS3, just have no idea how to begin using it for this purpose... Is there a "how-to" section of this forum... Google is complicating it.

Overall frustrating but I'm determined to learn how to do it as I'm sure I'll come across it again.

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

»www.tutorial9.net/tutori ··· vetrace/

or better...

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· ywHSzPXM

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
Yes, at the top of this forum is a link to tutorials. »Avatar and Graphics Help FAQs »Where are some good tutorials?

I know eventually I too will have to learn Illustrator, Fireworks, etc. But so far Photoshop has taken up all my free time. I think what you need is relatively easy with Illustrator or Fireworks? You just have to trace your work (maybe the Magic Wand Tool), convert it to vector, then save as AI? I'm not sure how to do so?

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

1 recommendation

mromero to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
if you can master one tool, the pen tool, you can pretty much trace any raster based image and convert it to vector.

»vector.tutsplus.com/tuto ··· e-guide/

mythology
Premium Member
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC

mythology to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
augerlogo.zip
1,036,250 bytes
At work but managed a quicky. Its not perfect. Didnt know the font and didnt have the time to cut;straighten the lines on the top graphic.