uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12

Which console do you think has the nicest games?

In the 80s i had Atari 2600 and colecovision and i think those are 2 of the BEST consoles ever!

I think Atari 2600 was the BEST atari version ever..... More Games i loved on that console than the 2 newer ones (5200,7800) -- The graphics went downhill and didnt look as good,etc.........

The 5200 version of Berzerk is garbage compared to 2600! (In my opinion)

The 5200 version of dig-dug is CRAP compared to the 2600 version.... (Although i do think Colecovisions DIG DUG is better than atari's)

I saw a couple 7800 versions of games i have on the 2600 and i was completly disgusted in the quality..... WHAT HAPPEND??

I think we all know..... Stuff went DOWNHILL as the 80s progressed (And continue to )

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

2 of the best games I've ever played, I played on the Atari 2600 (with the wood trim ).

Yar's Revenge (came with a mini comic to explain the game's backstory).
Frogs And Flies (my brother and I would play that game for hours head-to-head).

We were young and easily impressed, but it was a hell of a lot of fun.

But to answer the original question, right now I'd say the best console is the Xbox 360, followed closely by the Atari 2600. The new consoles can tell a story on a larger scale than anything possible back then, and the level of immersion is much greater.
Plus the graphics and sound improvements.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA

I'll probably end up being mocked, but the Sega Dreamcast. I sat here staring at this screen for quite a while thinking and that finally popped into my head. I had ridiculous amounts of fun with that system.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA

said by danawhitaker:

I'll probably end up being mocked, but the Sega Dreamcast. I sat here staring at this screen for quite a while thinking and that finally popped into my head. I had ridiculous amounts of fun with that system.

It's also the system that killed Sega.

I'll have to say N64. My friends and I still play Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to danawhitaker

said by danawhitaker:

I was actually just going to say that. I love my collection of Dreamcast games. My collection is only ~50 games, but I wouldn't trade it for 100 Xbox 360 games.

said by sleuth:

said by danawhitaker:

It's also the system that killed Sega.

The Dreamcast didn't kill Sega. Sega killed Sega.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to danawhitaker

said by danawhitaker:

I love my DC, though it's not working now.... I loved Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on it, the version I got on my PS3 really sucks in comparison. The DC version MADE you replay that thing over and over and over to unlock everything, but the PS3 version doesn't have any of that.

I also loved Skies of Arcadia on it, the VMU mini-game got me tons of extra potions/etc. The remake on the Gamecube couldn't come close to it.

One day I'll fix the thing, I just haven't had the time. I bought it when Sega canned it.

danawhitaker
Premium
Urbandale, IA

Skies of Arcadia was great - though I admit, I ended up finishing it on the Gamecube a few years later. I did miss the VMU aspect when I did that. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 brings back some great (and horrible, LOL) memories. I'm generally quite terrible at most fighting games, and that one was no exception. I still enjoyed it though.

Dreamcast was my first exposure to Tony Hawk - I played the heck out of 1 and 2. Samba de Amigo was fun. Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2. Dead or Alive 2. NBA 2K/2K1. Phantasy Star Online. Shenmue. Soul Calibur (one of the only fighting game franchises I *don't* suck at).

I actually haven't fired mine up in about 8 years or so. I even still have the free keyboard I got from signing up with the long-defunct Sega.net ISP thing.
--

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

SONIC!

Dream cast sonic was the shit. Loved those games.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to danawhitaker

said by danawhitaker:

I actually haven't fired mine up in about 8 years or so. I even still have the free keyboard I got from signing up with the long-defunct Sega.net ISP thing.

Well, I hope it works! Mine when you turn it on, will start, and start to load the game, then it lets out a loud beep, like it's been rebooted, and the disc will no longer spin. Unit has power, and the icons bounce on the screen, but nothing beyond that as far as optical drive goes. It's a simple thing to take apart, but I haven't taken the time to try to find out the cause/fix.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Dude111

I know it's cliche, but I really liked the SNES. Lots of great games there. When I was a kid and didn't have something else going on I'd rent a game on Friday night, hole up with it and a pizza, and not stop until I beat it or I had to go back to school, whichever came first.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to Dude111

Skies of Arcadia was awesome. I even bought the sound track.

Rumor has it Skies of Arcadia might get revived in one form or another. Sega has finally acknowledged it as a most requested fan favorite and they revived Vyse, Fina, and Aika for Valkyria Chronicles a while back.

danawhitaker
Premium
Urbandale, IA

said by silbaco:

Skies of Arcadia was awesome. I even bought the sound track.

Rumor has it Skies of Arcadia might get revived in one form or another. Sega has finally acknowledged it as a most requested fan favorite and they revived Vyse, Fina, and Aika for Valkyria Chronicles a while back.

I had no idea those characters showed up in Valkyria Chronicles. Actually I hadn't heard of the game before now, as I don't follow PS3 releases as closely since I don't have one yet.

That's one soundtrack (Skies of Arcadia) I've always meant to purchase for my collection, but I've gotten paranoid about purchasing game soundtracks over the years because the massive bootleg market.
--

Draper
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Florissant, MO
reply to Dude111

Based on sheer quantity of titles, I'd go with the PS2. They may not have all been great but there were a ton were. Over 2000 titles to choose from.

join:2012-12-20
Juneau, AK
reply to Dude111

I still love to Ps3 because i have played so many games on this console.

Fleeced

join:2012-10-06
kudos:2
reply to Dude111

If I had to rate it would be:

1> NES. This was the foundation for a LOT of huge franchises, not just Nintendo franchises as well. Plenty of fun games, some still hold up in how challenging they are today.

2> PS2. Plenty of awesome exclusive 3rd party titles, and was backwards compatible so it included all PS1 titles

I can't rate the Xbox 360 and PS3, they have only a super-limited selection of exclusives, and beyond those limited exclusives, they're basically the same with different online connections.

Zionikk

join:2012-12-08
North Baltimore, OH
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Dude111

I am going to have to go with Nintendo 64. I use to love playing Space Station: Silicon Valley on that thing. As well as many Mario games and a South Park game that I can't remember the full name of.

Next would be PS1 and PS2. Loved playing games like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and Timesplitters.