join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to oneirodyne

Re: [Connectivity] self install question

FWIW, if an installer truck roll is required because there is not an existing Comcast drop, it is not a self install.

In that case, you might just as well allow the Comcast installer to put in new cable since that should be included in the installation fee.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
You would just need regular RG-6 cable. Comcast will need an area outside where they can install a ground block and install a proper ground. Properly installed compression connectors are the way to go.
--
PRescott7-2097

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

1 edit
reply to NetFixer
Click for full size
Comcast Installation Charges
said by NetFixer:

FWIW, if an installer truck roll is required because there is not an existing Comcast drop, it is not a self install.

In that case, you might just as well allow the Comcast installer to put in new cable since that should be included in the installation fee.

Here are the latest Installation Charges for my area.

Unless there is a "Free Installation" promotion in effect at the time, then the "Standard Installation" fee would normally apply, I would think.

But if the OP does his own inside wiring, I'm not sure which type of charge would apply in that case. "Non-standard Installation work" at the hourly rate ("Note 3" = "Billed in 15-minute increments")?

EDIT: I would think that if the hourly-rate charge exceeds the standard installation charge, then the lower charge would apply.