uniqs

jlivingood
Premium Member
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA

1 recommendation

jlivingood

Premium Member

[E-mail] Need IMAP (such as Windows 8 users)?

We're now making IMAP available via our Xfinity Connect Beta program. The URL for the registration site is »xcbetasignup.comcast.net/. Once registered your account will be moved to our Beta platform and will be accessible via IMAP within 72 hours.
rw123
Premium Member
join:2004-01-16
Indianapolis, IN

rw123

Premium Member

Thanks for the opportunity, I will give it a try. It has always been better if I can sync all my folders. Now.. how about tweaking the spam filters? Oh and World Peace?

Appreciate your keeping us informed...

Merry Christmas!

RW

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96 to jlivingood

Premium Member

to jlivingood
Giving it a try here as well. Nice to see it finally.
Stu Pidaso
join:2006-10-12
Greenwood, IN

Stu Pidaso to jlivingood

to jlivingood
Thanks for the heads up. As a Comcast employee it's always cool to find stuff out on the internet before any internal communications.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Stu Pidaso:

Thanks for the heads up. As a Comcast employee it's always cool to find stuff out on the internet before any internal communications.

Are you saying that is not the standard policy?

bnawa
@cifnet.net

bnawa

Anon

Please help. Does anyone know the settings for IMAP for Outlook 2010. The exchange (see below) I had with the Comcast Chat Rep is just silly.
============================================
Mary: My Issue: I just converted my email account from POP3 to IMAP via your xfinity Beta program. Now that my account is converted, I am trying to get all the proper IMAP settings for Outlook 2010.

Priscilla: Hello Mary, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Priscilla. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Priscilla: Good day Mary.

Priscilla: Mary, unfortunately Comcast does not support Imap as of this moment.

Priscilla: We can only support Pop3 email.

Mary: Yes, you do, I just converted to IMAP via your Beta Program. My account has been converted.

Priscilla: What is the site of this Beta Program please.

Mary: In your forum, people were asking about IMAP support. One of your techs posted a link where you could go to convert your account to IMAP as part of the xfinity Beta program.

Priscilla: Can I have the link of the forum please.

Mary: Here it is

Mary: »[E-mail] Need IMAP (such as Windows 8 users)?

Priscilla: Thank you.

Priscilla: Please give me 3-4 minutes to check on this

Priscilla: I am afraid this is not a Comcast Forum? Can you please double check?

Mary: The person who posted the link is Jason Livingood who works at your corporate office in Philadelphia.

Mary: If you click on the link he posted in the forum, it will take you to the comcast xfinity site to register for the program.

Priscilla: Okay, I will check on our tools again for this Xfinity Connect Beta program

Mary: FYI - I am currently getting my IMAP email via the new mail client in Windows 8. However, I want to get my email in Outlook but for some reason this is failing.

Mary: So I am able to connect and get mail, just not via Outlook.

Priscilla: I check on the agreement, and it says here that the trial will start February 27th.

Priscilla: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Mary: Yes, I would like to get this resolved. Is there someone I can talk to who is responsible for supporting this beta program?

Priscilla: Once this is ready for use, we will send you an email for the settings.

Priscilla: We support the email issues and settings here in chat.

Priscilla: But at this time, the beta program was not launched yet.

Priscilla: You need to wait until February 27th for this.

Priscilla: At that time, we can already assist you with the set up.

Mary: How can you say that? I was given a link on your site and you went and converted my account based on that agreement. I cannot return to POP3 now.

Priscilla: It is on the Agreement Mary.

Priscilla: It says there that the Trial will begin on or around February 27th.

Mary: Then why was my account converted now instead of Feb 27th?

Priscilla: But on the agreement, it says there that you can use this around February 27

Priscilla: Even if you have downloaded it, that will not be functional yet.

Mary: I am completely confused.

Mary: I had POP3 that worked in Outlook. The agreement said it would start Feb 27 but I was not told my account would be converted until AFTER I said yes to the agreement.

Mary: After that, I was given a message that my account would be converted within 72 hours.

Mary: So this makes no sense.

Priscilla: Where is your outlook installed? In your Windows 8 computeR?

Mary: Yes

Mary: I had POP3 in Windows 8 and Outlook 2010 working fine.

Mary: Then my account got converted, now I cannot receive email in Outlook

Priscilla: I check on windows site and windows 8 does not work for pop3

Priscilla: Please check this link: »answers.microsoft.com/en ··· 319319a3

Mary: Yes, Windows 8 Mail Client does not work with POP3. But Outlook 2010 running on Windows 8 OS did work.

Mary: So I had a product that worked fine in Outlook. If someone had told me I cannot use Outlook with IMAP, I would have never asked to have my account converted.

Priscilla: You can do system restore to get your old settings back.

Mary: Are you saying my Comcast Account/Email will still work on POP3?

Mary: I have already tried restoring my settings to POP3 and I can no longer receive or send email under my account using POP3.

Priscilla: For the current operating system, no. It will not work.

Mary: As of Monday at @9:30AM, I cannot get email via my Outlook POP3 setup. It does not work anymore.

Mary: This makes absolutely no sense to me. Is there anyone associated with the beta program that I can speak to? If not them, someone in management as I entered a program that you offered - my account was converted prior to your beta start, that is not my fault.

Priscilla: Please post this issue again on the Comcast Forum, for now, we do not support this yet here in chat.
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

1 edit

wTheOnew

You first mistake was asking about it through chat. In my experience that rep did WAY more than most chat reps would ever consider doing. Online chat support, not just Comcast's, is generally about as helpful as a 2x4...

Maybe give them a call? Pester them enough and I'm sure you'll eventually get to someone that is in the know.

jlivingood
Premium Member
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA

jlivingood

Premium Member

said by wTheOnew:

You first mistake was asking about it through chat. In my experience that rep did WAY more than most chat reps would ever consider doing. Online chat support, not just Comcast's, is generally about as helpful a 2x4...

Maybe give them a call? Pester them enough and I'm sure you'll eventually get to someone that is in the know.

Or check out »forums.comcast.com/t5/E- ··· p/bd-p/2

betameans
@comcast.net

betameans to bnawa

Anon

to bnawa
said by bnawa :

Mary: Yes, you do, I just converted to IMAP via your Beta Program. My account has been converted.

There's your answer. It's a beta. No one is going to be able to help you through chat or calling in. When you sign up for beta anything support is usually limited or you have to go through the beta channels. Since Jason posts here and various other places you're better asking here than anywhere else. Most don't know about the beta or others who know as much about the beta as you do...
That it exists.