Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to MichelR

MVM,

to MichelR

Re: [OS X] Application windows sometimes move to top left

I guess it just comes down to Mac vs Windows UI philosophy. To me after using Macs for close to 20 years, having important things occur on the main display is "correct". The second monitor is for displaying certain windows or information only when necessary - not to completely separate different applications.

As for the window moving problem - sorry, can't be more help there. I've never seen that. Could it have something to do with any third-party extensions or add-ons you've installed?
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR

said by Thinkdiff:

I guess it just comes down to Mac vs Windows UI philosophy. To me after using Macs for close to 20 years, having important things occur on the main display is "correct". The second monitor is for displaying certain windows or information only when necessary - not to completely separate different applications.

I see it more as a "user preference" thing, and here I don't have much choice. Interestingly, widgets (running under Amnesty) and the keyboard and character viewers do reopen on the second monitor where I left them. It's also funny that Windows applications running under Parallels in Coherence mode open on the last monitor I used them in.
quote:
As for the window moving problem - sorry, can't be more help there. I've never seen that. Could it have something to do with any third-party extensions or add-ons you've installed?

Definitely a possibility. I do have a number of them - I'm a programmer and I'm used to my gadgetry - hehe. I can't get the problem to happen "on demand", so it's hard to remove one by one and try - it can be a couple of days between each occurrence. That's why I asked here, to see if anyone has experienced this.