Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WhatHappened

join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN
kudos:2

[Phone] Phone Out

My Phone service is out. When I call in, the phone system recording indicates an internet outage and to not to reset your cable modem at this time. My internet works, but my phone doesn't (I have a separate phone modem.)

I have worked with tech support via chat and a phone call. The chat person wasn't successful. The phone person said it was due to an area outage that it affects different customers in unique ways.

Can a Mediacom employee confirm that my account is setup correctly for phone service and that this phone outage isn't a result of getting a phone feature enabled yesterday.

Thanks.

WhatHappened

Waseca, MN
Well it is back working (I did the 6th Phone modem reboot since 5pm, remove battery, remove AC, and wait). Kind of sucks that phone modems need to be reset after area outages.

The strange thing is it is not allowing me to 7 digit dial local number, it is requiring the area code (10 digit). Oh well, at least it is working again.

WhatHappened

Waseca, MN
reply to WhatHappened
Can a Mediacom employee tell me how long the following phone site is going to be down?

mediacomcable.com/voice/

It worked yesterday and this morning. Its outage seems to have occurred at the same time my phone service went out this afternoon.

Is the site working for other or is it saying under construction?

»mediacomcable.com/voice/

WhatHappened

Waseca, MN
reply to WhatHappened
Wait....

My phone number has been changed. When I call out my number is (515) 576-xxxx and that is also the number someone must call to get a hold of me. If I call my number, I get the voice mail of someone else "Brad Neuley". And his VM box is full....

My phone number should be 507-835-xxxx . I guess that is the reason I couldn't 7 digit dial was because the area code doesn't match any more.

Mediacom is one messed up company!!!

WhatHappened

Waseca, MN
reply to WhatHappened
Well Mediacom phone support was able t to re-setup my phone modem to my account. I have my own phone number again.

They now think that other person is not going to have any phone service. I wonder how he will call in to complain???

WhatHappened

Waseca, MN

1 edit
reply to WhatHappened
MediacomChad help!!!

My phone goes out about every other day (3 times now).

When it is not working, the phone light on the modem will rapidly flash and no amount of modem power cylces will change things. There is no dial tone and some times a three tone sequence (intercept tone) followed by a fast busy tone will be heard. When I call in to support, they re-provision the modem and then it works again for 1-1.5 days.

One of the last techs told me that when the lights flash like that to call in and get a live person because modem power cycles will do no good.

What is wrong in the system that all of the sudden this keeps happening? It happened the first time about 12-24 hours after calling tech support to get them to enable the free phone features on my line (like busy call return). Did they mess up my account?

I have had Mediacom phone for what seems like 4 years and have never had any phone issues like this before.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
It looks like someone messed up big time.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116
reply to WhatHappened
PM me your telephone#/Account# and I can check on this for you. The phone site is down for changes and we are hoping for it to be back up soon but no ETA.

WhatHappened

Waseca, MN
said by MediacomChad:

PM me your telephone#/Account# and I can check on this for you. The phone site is down for changes and we are hoping for it to be back up soon but no ETA.

MediacomChad, Did you find anything wrong?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116
Nothing as of yet.