uniqs
share rss forum feed

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

Panhandling (Ted's story)

For those in the Niagara / Burlington / (and I understand Oakville) areas, a little information about the local (?) panhandler.

»www.insidehalton.com/community/b···/1550545

»www.insidehalton.com/community/b···/1549539

By all means give to charity, maybe even the one in Niagara mentioned in the original article (For the Needy, not the Greedy) or the War Amps and Niagara Amputee Association. There's a far better chance your money is actually going to what Ted is supposedly collecting for.

BrianON

join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Begging gets better results if a beggar looks or acts needy. What their actual needs are is often a different matter entirely.

Not sure how prevalent it is now but for a while it was common in some areas to see beggars with open wounds kept that way to get sympathy and cash from tourists.

donaldk
Premium
join:2000-10-19
Halifax, NS
reply to A Lurker

There are a few panhandlers (regulars) that work the Windsor Exchange here in Halifax during evening rush hour in the summer months/ warmer days of winter. I keep my windows up on that light and keep to the inside lanes when stopped (despite the stupid surprise right lane end marks after the left turn from Windsor Street/across from Lady Hammond).