how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Waldothe3rd
Premium
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

Californians are buying more guns than ever.

Got yours yet?

said by OC Register :
As of November, the FBI has run 981,798 background checks related to guns in California for 2012, already beating out totals for other years.
Damn... I thought the Gun Show was more crowded than usual!

»www.ocregister.com/news/gun-3797···uns.html

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

Funny I was just thinking of buying a shotgun... With all the other wackos out there with guns, I think I need one to. But that may be me just keeping up with the Jones. But they can keep their kool-aid.
--
"We are the only intelligent people in the universe." Arrogance 3:10

ohdan

join:2008-11-10
Adelanto, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Verizon FiOS

I was thinking of buying a shotgun, too, for the new home (wifey doesn't want live ammo so I was going to use bean bag shot). Taser has two nice home units that she likes with a range of 15 feet. Me? Nothing says GTFO of my home like the boom, fire and smoke of a 12 gauge at nighttime.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

and nothing says leave now, in a peaceful manor than the sound of a shotgun cocking.
--
"We are the only intelligent people in the universe." Arrogance 3:10

ohdan

Adelanto, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

If I "cock" it, loading a shell, I'm firing. It's no fun otherwise. Beanbags don't hurt too bad.

-- edit --

One of my reasons for wanting a shotgun is that without my glasses at night I can't see shit. I need to point in the general direction of any intruder and cross my fingers. That's why a handgun is no good for me. Besides, the odds of a home invasion are slim; I'm more concerned with property damage.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6

1 recommendation

If you're inclined to shoot a gun in the dark at things you can't see, property damage is probably pretty low on the list of "Things Dan should worry about."

ohdan

Adelanto, CA

lol

Hawk
Riding Thermals
Premium
join:2003-08-25
The Desert
reply to Waldothe3rd

I made the list

ohdan

Adelanto, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Verizon FiOS
reply to No_Strings

said by No_Strings:

If you're inclined to shoot a gun in the dark at things you can't see, property damage is probably pretty low on the list of "Things Dan should worry about."

What I meant to say is that handguns are notoriously inaccurate and that if I wake and forget my glasses I won't hit anything with a pistol. Cast a wider net, so they say...

spg
Grrrr

join:2001-10-31
NOT Texas!

I spent my career in California and still have property there. Now I'm in Arizona which is obviously the flip side of the gun coin.

But even I have to wonder about the waiting period in CA. There is a fairly reasonable argument calling for a "cooling off" period of 10 days on the first gun. But the second? C'mon already, I've GOT one! I could use that one!
--
Do not trifle with dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

ohdan

Adelanto, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Verizon FiOS

said by spg:

There is a fairly reasonable argument calling for a "cooling off" period of 10 days on the first gun. But the second? C'mon already, I've GOT one! I could use that one!

What if you lost the first one?

ohdan

Adelanto, CA
reply to Waldothe3rd

I bet sales are going to go up even more, now.

Waldothe3rd
Premium
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

I won't take that bet...
Was at a gun shop today and they are having trouble keeping anything in stock. Guns are literally flying off the shelves.
A favorite shooting range had an all-time record membership day last Monday.

...Probably just Christmas presents!