how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx

push-button simple tool to extract audio from .wmv videos?

About 60 old medical lecture videos (~9GB) and want to extract the audio. Batch jobbing preferred, of course. I installed latest avidemux but it's got the learning curve of too powerful a tool for this task.

Also need to convert the wma to mp3 or ogg and would be nice to perform both tasks in one go but hardly necessary and might add more head scratching than it's worth. Audio is mono 48kbps and fine to keep it that way.

Any recommendations? Want to keep it simple.

totamak
And they call me nuts?

join:2000-10-24
Los Angeles, CA
I use a program called Pazera Free Audio Extractor. It works on a variety of video formats including WMV. It has no problem yielding a WMA file. It is also capable of converting from one format to another though I don't use that function. It also stacks files in a queue, so just load and go.

jap
Premium
038xx
thanks totamak. i'll give it a whirl.

jap
Premium
038xx
reply to jap
Very nice tool. A sensible GUI and worked like a dream. Thanks so much.

printscreen

join:2003-11-01
Juana Diaz, PR
Reviews:
·Choice Cable TV
·Coqui/PRTC
reply to jap
Late to the party but for future reference another program that does a nice job is iWisoft Free Video Converter.

»www.iwisoft.com/videoconverter/

As it name implies it is a video converter indeed but among the target formats are audio only (offers a very wide selection of formats and presets) that effectively do what you wanted to do. Just drag a bunch of video files into the program, select the target format and then hit start. It can combine all files into a single one or generate one converted file per original file.