spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rytar
join:2002-01-29
Oshawa, ON

rytar

[DSL] DSL Line Question

I recently had DSL sync issues & wasn't the one home when the TECH came out to fix/look at it & was just wondering if someone could explain this one.
Basically my Dry loop line didn't have a number assigned to it? When you call the number you get a recording saying its not in service kinda thing. IF that was the issue how was it that my DSL service worked fine for almost a year?
Was I sharing someone Else's LINE or something & they changed something so now my end started dropping connecting cause of that? Tech didn't do anything the 1st visit other then install a POTS splitter inside my house. They fixed it the next day remotely it seems.

TSI TNC
TSI TNC
Premium Member
join:2012-10-23
Chatham, ON

TSI TNC

Premium Member

Can you please post your account information with the link to this thread here:

»/fo ··· avdirect

and we can look over everything for you.

Thanks,
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to rytar

to rytar
said by rytar:

I recently had DSL sync issues & wasn't the one home when the TECH came out to fix/look at it & was just wondering if someone could explain this one.
Basically my Dry loop line didn't have a number assigned to it? When you call the number you get a recording saying its not in service kinda thing. IF that was the issue how was it that my DSL service worked fine for almost a year?
Was I sharing someone Else's LINE or something & they changed something so now my end started dropping connecting cause of that? Tech didn't do anything the 1st visit other then install a POTS splitter inside my house. They fixed it the next day remotely it seems.

Well you don't actually need a phone number to make your DSL work. All you need is a wire connecting your modem to a DSLAM.
rytar
Oshawa, ON

rytar

Not sure how all this works, was just wondering if that sounded like a valid reason or possible issue. Just from reading here & there I thought DSL lines even dryloop had numbers assigned to them. Maybe its ONE number for all dryloops & as you say a wire to DSLAM All I care is that my internet works without issue & when an issue FIX ASAP
couple days with it dropping every minute or so isnt to bad I guess, could have been WITHOUT any access for 2 days.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by rytar:

Not sure how all this works, was just wondering if that sounded like a valid reason or possible issue. Just from reading here & there I thought DSL lines even dryloop had numbers assigned to them. Maybe its ONE number for all dryloops & as you say a wire to DSLAM All I care is that my internet works without issue & when an issue FIX ASAP
couple days with it dropping every minute or so isnt to bad I guess, could have been WITHOUT any access for 2 days.

The number is only for testing/tools purposes. Everyone gets a phone number.
rytar
Oshawa, ON

rytar

When I got hooked up I tried calling the number that was stated to check your line, got message, number not in service basically. Just thought I dialed the wrong one or dsl wasnt fully active etc yet.
After all my install & service didnt require a tech/bell to come out, it was just active when I hooked a jack up after testing which lines to use. Thought that was sweet not having to wait longer then needed for a tech etc.