share rss forum feed

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

1 recommendation

Shalom TV Channel now on channel 138

I know Connecticut is getting the Jewish Broadcasting Network (see »Jewish Broadcasting Network coming), but the rest of us, including I presume CT, now has the Shalom TV Channel (used to be VOD only). In a sea of Christian/Gentile programming, it is so nice to have a Jewish Channel on our lineup. Even though it was a Reform service, it was nice to see the Kabblat Shabbat service being televised from the Central Synagogue in New York City. The full press release from Cablevision can be found via this link.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

I'm about to drop the channels above 100, because they're all crap.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
reply to mbernste
Is there a difference between the two channels?
Maybe the folks in CT got it wrong?

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
said by dm145:

Is there a difference between the two channels?

JBN is a different channel. I believe my parents get it on Comcast in East Brunswick. It is possible that they got it wrong since it seems odd that CT would get JBN at the same time we all get Shalom TV.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

I'm about to drop the channels above 100, because they're all crap.

Shalom TV is a pretty awesome channel. Just because it doesn't meet your interest doesn't mean that it is crap.

pa prowler

join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA
reply to mbernste
I'm for the new channels, and with the Onyx guide you can truly create a personalized guide with only the channels you actually watch, or like to keep an eye on, and set it as the default. It's high time, really.

ilsno

@optonline.net
If it isnt in HD it doesnt get watched at my home. I think there are a handful of channels still not broadcast in HD and I would like to delete those so I dont have to scan past them.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
reply to mbernste
It is Shalom TV in CT too. The Notice must have been wrong.

Edith

join:2012-12-10
reply to mbernste
The recently launched Jewish channel on Optimum CH 138 is the new Shalom TV fulltime channel with daily news directly from Israel, live services on Friday evening and call-in programs. The words “ Jewish Broadcasting Network” did appear for a short time on the Optimum list of channels but it was has been corrected to Shalom TV.