uniqs
fartman1234
join:2002-10-14
Hanover Park, IL

fartman1234

motorola mopcudta

Click for full size
on my Comcast account Equipment page it shows something called
Make & Model: MOTOROLA MOPCUDTA I have never seen this before.

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Just a WAG, do you have a DTA-Digital Tranport Adapter? You may want to check your bill also.
fartman1234
join:2002-10-14
Hanover Park, IL

fartman1234

ahh yes i do have 1 just hooked it up in spare room but that device is also on list as a separate device.I dunno maybe it is same thing even thou this looks nothen like the DTA.

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

I'm pretty sure the DTA icon is just a stock picture. Check the S/N or MAC numbers.

Now I'm trying to figure out why I have three remotes.........

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by THZNDUP:

I'm pretty sure the DTA icon is just a stock picture. Check the S/N or MAC numbers.

Now I'm trying to figure out why I have three remotes.........

In my case that is easy. I have one each for my two DTAs and one for my Netgear WNR1000v2 router (which Comcast lists as a "Cable Box").

When the time comes to return the equipment to Comcast, I hope those remotes aren't too expensive, because I can't find the one that came with my Netgear WNR1000v2 router. I do have an old retired X10 universal remote stashed in a desk drawer; maybe I can get away with returning that with the router.

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Aren't you on Business Class? If so, the remote control for the router is a pretty good perk........

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by THZNDUP:

Aren't you on Business Class? If so, the remote control for the router is a pretty good perk........

If only I hadn't lost it...

Actually I do have a working remote control for it, and it works from anywhere in the world, not just from a "line of sight" distance like the Comcast optical remotes. I have an AT&T "World Phone", and I have permanent Internet shortcuts to access that router and several other routers that I maintain from anywhere I can get cell phone connectivity.

Unfortunately though, when AT&T shutdown analog and TDMA service, I lost the ability to directly dial from a cell phone into a modem attached to a serial port on enterprise grade routers and switches (not all "upgrades" are really upgrades).