onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

[F@H] Stuck on Update_Core -- what to do?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Took an early morning look at F@H's progress and found a work unit stuck. Screen snapshots above. If it's still stuck when I wake up again, is there something I should do? I already tried stopping F@H and restarting but it didn't fix it.

Will appreciate any advice.

parkut
Crunch Addict
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-15
Harrison Township, MI
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·WOW Internet and..

1 recommendation

It appears you have a GPU and it has been assigned a 7626?

The FAH boards have a couple of threads indicating there is trouble with the GPU assignment servers
--
Hello, my name is Bill and I'm a crunchaholic...

Proud to be hosting six Crunchenstein blades, and three Foldinator blades

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

2 recommendations

reply to onDvine

It might help people if they could see the log file uploaded as an attachment to a post from you.

Easy way to get a text file with more of the log info:

1. In your FAHControl app, go to the log tab
2. Click the Copy button
3. Open a new text document (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad)
4. Paste the info you just copied into the new text file.
5. Save as something like mylog.txt to your desktop so you can find it again. (You can delete it from the desktop later.)
6. Start a new post and upload the text based log you just created.

Edit: OK, forget this for now. parkut to the rescue.

--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

onDvine
Premium
So. CA, USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to parkut

Thank you both.

said by parkut:

It appears you have a GPU and it has been assigned a 7626? ...

Yes.

... The FAH boards have a couple of threads indicating there is trouble with the GPU assignment servers

So there's nothing I can do. Hopefully trouble with the GPU assignment servers will be resolved soon.

Pin
Premium
join:2002-06-19
The Dungeon

2 recommendations

reply to onDvine

ViJay has posted on the FF boards that the GPU assignment servers have been patched.

So Hopefully, the NVidia G80 Core out of date problem and the ATI GPU's getting Fermi WU's has been resolved.

If you are still stuck in the Update Core ( Core Out of Date ) loop in the morning, you might need to ditch the current WU.
--
time nor tide wait for no man...

onDvine
Premium
So. CA, USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

2 edits

Click for full size
Thank you, Pin.
said by Pin:

... If you are still stuck in the Update Core ( Core Out of Date ) loop in the morning, you might need to ditch the current WU.

I'm still stuck. Tried stopping F@H and restarting, but nothing changed. What must I do to ditch the current WU? I don't want to lose the one that's in progress.

Edit: I tried a couple of things in Advanced mode but no luck. At least I didn't dump the one that's running.

leibold
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

2 recommendations

Stop F@H (pause the currently running client first so that you don't loose the good workunit). Doing the following while F@H is running is probably a bad idea!

Locate the folder/directory with the data and log files for the F@H client. Within that directory you should see subdirectories such as "logs", "cores" and "work".

Within the "work" directory you will find further subdirectories for each workunit. The subdirectory with name "00" has the stuck workunit and the subdirectory with the name "02" has the good workunit (based on the posted picture, this may have changed if that workunit completed in the meantime and another one was loaded). The important part is that the value shown in the ID column in FAHControl for the work queue is also the name of the subdirectory under "work".

You can delete the entire "00" subdirectory as it will be recreated as needed by FAHClient. On restart (you may need to click Fold to un-pause) you will see log messages:

WARNING:WU00:Missing data files, dumping
WU00:FS00:Cleaning up

Followed by connecting to the assignment server and downloading a new workunit.
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

onDvine
Premium
So. CA, USA

Thank you leibold! All better now.