53403-1242

plencnerb to quitaccount

Premium Member

to quitaccount

Re: [Info] Scroogled! Microsoft Gets Aggressive in Fight Against

Click for full size
said by quitaccount:

i've all but given up on google.

it's bad enough they list sellers by their payment status, but when they start blocking (firearm related) items i am looking for, that's the last straw.

Maybe I'm doing a different search, or maybe its because I don't run any kind of cookie or ad-block software. But, I just opened up google, and typed in "purchase firearms online" and got back 10+ pages of results. The top says "About 7,480,000 results (0.11 seconds) ".

Looks like its working for me.

--Brian

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount

Premium Member

on google shopping.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Click for full size
Ok. All I did was click on "Shopping" under the search bar, and I got what I'm showing above.

The text at the top says

Shopping
About 9,560,000 results

So, if what you are looking for cannot be found in the over 9 million results, what exactly are you looking for? Something that has not been made yet?

--Brian

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member

2 edits

quitaccount

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
yes---now try searching something like "9mm JHP". or ".40 S&W 165gr." both are extremely plentiful and standard----not obscure by ANY means.

........or most real gun parts and ammo. or real firearms.

some reloading supplies and training stuff come up, but the results are MAJORLY suppressed.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Sorry to take this a bit OT, but maybe you need to change your search.

I did both of the items as you suggested exactly, and got no results.

However, if I changed ".40 S&W 165gr." to be "40 S&W ammo" then I get just over 200 results.

Maybe it is how you are searching that is the problem?

Not saying the problem does not exist, just a suggestion to try is all.

--Brian

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member

quitaccount

Premium Member

Click for full size
notice NONE are actual ammunition. settings are not tweaked to omit results on my end.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

Interesting.

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Transmaster to quitaccount

to quitaccount

Smith & Wesson Model No. 3 Schofield Revolver
I am a research archivist in my line of work the mantra is;
It is better to know how to look something up then it is to know it.

Most people fail to use Google in the correct way and utilize all it a can do. Don't just look at "Google" Google has a series of specialized search engines available. Click on the "more" tab look at the bottom of the pull down and click "Even More". Here you will see all of the services Google offers. Scroll down and you will see specialized search engines. Looking for a magazine article, a rare book, look at Google Books, a research paper, Google Scholar, a Patient, Google Patent Search, Trying to ID a image use Google Image Search. It goes on and on. Google books the last time I checked has scanned in some where around 80 million books. These books go back to the beginning of the printed book in the 16th century.

One of the thing people fail to do in Google is to just ask a simple question. Let's stay with the firearm subject. One of my favorite revolvers is Smith & Wesson Model No. 3 Schofield.
Search term: Where can I purchase a Smith & Wesson Model No. 3 Schofield

This question resulted in; About 69,800 results (0.39 seconds)
The prices range from many thousands for an original such as the photo above to around a thousand for a beautiful modern, shootable, reproduction.

Smith & Wesson custom shop is again making the No.3 beautifully engraved .
»www.smith-wesson.com/web ··· orView_Y $4500 dollars

Or you can get what would be my choice, Uberti "Break Top",
No 3 Russian. $1013.00
»www.uberti.com/firearms/ ··· reak.php

Just ask a question, it can be fun thinking up search terms.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member

quitaccount

Premium Member

I never said I couldn't get results for a search----I can't get SHOPPING results. if I do, there's like 3 results from PAID SPONSORS.

I frequent 3 or 4 sites for my ammo (the same 3-4 that 99% of the forum members use at ar15.com). NONE of them show up in google's SHOPPING results, and they're well known established businesses.

go to google.com------>more------>shopping and try to get any useful results.

when I type in "Smith & Wesson Model No. 3 Schofield" I get results for 2 holsters and a DVD.

when I search ".40 S&W ammunition" the closest I get to ammunition is spent brass.
quitaccount

1 edit

quitaccount to Transmaster

Premium Member

to Transmaster
Click for full size
so the company that wants to rule the internet (possibly the world?) will filter it's shopping results and show only PAID vendors. that's complete bullsh*t to me, as they didn't do that around a year ago.

not to mention I can't seem to get prices on actual firearms. I guess they have an agenda...........
SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

2 edits

1 recommendation

SipSizzurp to quitaccount

Premium Member

to quitaccount
said by quitaccount:

I never said I couldn't get results for a search----I can't get SHOPPING results. if I do, there's like 3 results from PAID SPONSORS.

Funny how many times you have been required to state and re-state that in this thread. Never mind the wild co-incidence that this entire thread is about Google SHOPPING and what Bing is doing about it.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member

quitaccount

Premium Member

said by SipSizzurp:

said by quitaccount:

Funny how many times you have been required to state and re-state that in this thread. Never mind the wild co-incidence that this entire thread is about Google SHOPPING and what Bing is doing about it.

I guess reading comprehension isn't taught in school these days

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by quitaccount:

More likely a good portion of Google users, and some of us who don't use Google regularly, don't know that there is more to Google than, "Google".
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

said by quitaccount:

More likely a good portion of Google users, and some of us who don't use Google regularly, don't know that there is more to Google than, "Google".

No. We are just more privacy oriented than some folks in this thread. I would never dream of using anything other than general Google engine because I want any searches to be done via Fx Google Sharing extension so my searches cannot be tracked.
SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

...We are just more privacy oriented than some folks in this thread. I would never dream of using anything other than general Google engine because I want any searches to be done via Fx Google Sharing extension so my searches cannot be tracked.

Thank you Melee. We need to be reminded of this at least every day. In each and every thread you can post it into.