uniqs
thewisperer
Premium Member
join:2008-01-16

thewisperer

Premium Member

any info on Edgewater routers?

I recentry installed a 493ah for a real estate office

they just installed a voip telephone system ($18,000) and the company is using a Edgewater networks 4300P

at last call the technician was trying to reprogram the 493. It was new to him.

they have to leave the 493ah doing the wireless part.

the new router comes with licenses depending on the number of simultaneous calls

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

viperm

Premium Member

I have used them before when doing voip what kind of info do you need to know? Support was awesome!
thewisperer
Premium Member

thewisperer

Premium Member

so the 493ah would not have been able to handle the voip traffic?

I see you have to pay for licenses for voip with them

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium Member
Winchester, CA

viperm to thewisperer

Premium Member

to thewisperer
The edgemarcs do a QOS and such for the voip calls some oe them even have capability of being a VOIP endpoing and have 1-2 FXS ports for analog phones or a PBX etc.

It just makes it easy I mean litterly took me 15 min to configure one to get voip calls going and the QOS was great to not have to mess with..

493 AH will do QOS and stuff like that but you have to really know what you are doing with marking packets, setting up QOS, and so forth wheras an edgemark you plug in your IP of on your WAN and then set up what you want it to do either forward SIP traffic to phones or sip PBX and your done no having to mess with QOS settings unless its something really specific you need to tweak. Out of the box its pretty much ready to go..

Just makes it easy to set up..

I dont think the 4300 P is current I dont see it in my current product from my vendor. But I do believe it has POE built with a T-1 interface. To do PRI or T-1 data.

The 493 AH would never be able to to do conversion of T-1 PRI or Data thats why they are using the 4500P most likely.

How is the network layed out in regards to how the 4500 and the 493ah? is the 4500 before or after the 493 and what problems are they having?
thewisperer
Premium Member

thewisperer

Premium Member

he is putting the 493 (will still supply wireless) after the 4300 ( i also could not find 4300, looked at the 4500)

right now the 493 is set up on ether 1 to take dhcp from the cable modem

I have a bridge set up with ports from 1 to 8 and wan

He wants to turn the 493ah as a straight bridge.
Their tech has all kinds of certification but had never heard of Mikrotik ( I filled him in a little bit..)

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by thewisperer:

he is putting the 493 (will still supply wireless) after the 4300 ( i also could not find 4300, looked at the 4500)

right now the 493 is set up on ether 1 to take dhcp from the cable modem

I have a bridge set up with ports from 1 to 8 and wan

He wants to turn the 493ah as a straight bridge.
Their tech has all kinds of certification but had never heard of Mikrotik ( I filled him in a little bit..)

Probably best to just take the 493 out? Let this edgewater router just do the work.
thewisperer
Premium Member

thewisperer

Premium Member

their router does not do wireless

I have two cards in the 493 and we are getting 30/3 on laptop sitting in the mall near their office. Also on Iphones

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by thewisperer:

their router does not do wireless

I have two cards in the 493 and we are getting 30/3 on laptop sitting in the mall near their office. Also on Iphones

Ok in that case, Id bridge it like he wants, then hang it off the switch on LAN.

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium Member
Winchester, CA

viperm to thewisperer

Premium Member

to thewisperer
Yea just bridge your connections on the 493ah and wireless and just make it into a basic AP. Let the edgewater do all the work of QOS, priority etc.

That way there is no questions when it comes down to troubleshooting..