spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Aulp22

@rogers.com

Activation Day TekSavvy

Today, is my activation day with TekSavvy Dec 8th. I'm currently with Rogers. I don't know what is supposed to happen. I gave a notice of 30 days for Rogers to cancel my service today.

Is Rogers supposed to disconnect my cable internet today? Then after it's disconnected, do I just plug in the Teksavvy modem I have? (DCM476)

I know that I have to return this Rogers modem to their store within 3 days (SB5100).

Can anyone tell me what to do?

TSI MartinP
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:5

Hello,

Generally if you are doing a transfer, you would disconnect Rogers modem and connect ours. If you are unable to obtain connection power cycle every now and again and your service should remain but with TekSavvy.

Welcome to the team!!!

Any further questions just let us know,
Martin P

Aulp22

@rogers.com

Okay, I'll try connecting the new modem right now. Thanks!

Aulp22

@teksavvy.com
reply to Aulp22

I connected the new modem and it works! Wow, that was simple . Is there anything else I need to do?

TSI MartinP
Premium
Chatham, ON

no, you should be all set and ready to surf!

Enjoy the service!
Martin P

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to Aulp22

Show us a speed test! =)

www.speedtest.net

Aulp22

@teksavvy.com
reply to Aulp22

Although everything is working, how do I confirm my internet is with Teksavvy? I checked my Rogers bandwidth usage and it's still showing I'm using GB.

I looked at the Teksavvy Bandwidth usage and it doesn't state anything.

TSI MartinP
Premium
Chatham, ON

It is odd that you are able to see your usage with rogers, but common that you are unable to see it with TekSavvy as the usage tool is unavailable.

But if you are able to connect with the TekSavvy modem that means your modem is provisioned to our services.

To confirm you may want to contact rogers to ensure your service with them is cancelled.

Martin P