Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to Anonymark

Premium Member

to Anonymark

Re: [Rant] Water Company

Why are they disconnecting the water? That makes NO sense. Why not just show up and change the meter and be done with it? Don't understand why they would penalize the consumer for something THEY want/need to do.

Anonymark
Premium Member
join:2009-11-11
Wilmington, DE

1 recommendation

Anonymark

Premium Member

said by La Luna:

Why are they disconnecting the water? That makes NO sense. Why not just show up and change the meter and be done with it? Don't understand why they would penalize the consumer for something THEY want/need to do.

Exactly! Update, the technician showed up at 8:30 PM. He was nice, quick and highly apologetic for being so late. Took him all of 20 minutes.

I filed a complaint with the state board anyhow because of the "we are going to disconnect your water because we can't be bothered to call you or show up on time issue". I made sure to say the actual people I dealt with were nice, but unable to change a ridiculous corporate policy...
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to La Luna

to La Luna
said by La Luna:

they're notifying the OP so that the OP can schedule or be reminded not to use the water faucet or anything when they try to install a new meter even though it will only take 20min.

you surely don't want them coming in while you're taking a shower or taking a dump right?

I don't see where the OP is being penalized unless installing a new meter is what you understand as being penalized...