spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yuppi138

join:2009-06-01

Upgrading to HD will they look at our plan?

A relative of mine, a senior citizen, has Comcast. She has a special rate she pays which is very, very, cheap. The problem is one day they were here they accidentally gave her some more channels she is not supposed to have.

I felt it was time to upgrade her television. She has a 27" tube in the living room. The screen was a little blurry and the edges are cut off, so you can't even see the baseball game score.

In the kitchen she had an old 13" tube I got for free when I worked somewhere. That too was cutoff around the edges.

I didn't want to upset her bill, so I just used a website to see what size HDTV I could buy that would give me around the same size picture in SDTV. So, I ended up getting a 24" LCD for the kitchen and a 42" LCD for the living room. They're being used in SDTV mode only.

I can upgrade to HDTV boxes for not much more a month, but I want to know will Comcast look review her services? I wouldn't want her to lose those extra channels.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

What channels? Since she uses set top boxes how would a technician who is there give extra channels? The boxes go off the billing system on what to show and not show.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

yuppi138

join:2009-06-01

Hmm.. so do all boxes go off billing system? She has one of those teeny tiny boxes to enable her to receive TV. Before this she had no box at all. It looks like this:

»tinyurl.com/ajpdfcv

Has no guide on screen, comes with a small basic remote.. just enables her to get cable.

She's getting stuff like Food Network, A&E, HGTV, etc. Those are not part of her plan. She only pays about $9 a month and only supposed to get basic stuff.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

said by yuppi138:

She has one of those teeny tiny boxes to enable her to receive TV. Before this she had no box at all.

Has no guide on screen, comes with a small basic remote.. just enables her to get cable.

She's getting stuff like Food Network, A&E, HGTV, etc. Those are not part of her plan. She only pays about $9 a month and only supposed to get basic stuff.

It sounds like she was originally signed up for (analog) Economy or Limited Basic TV service, but when her area experienced the Comcast "Digital Migration" (»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···igration), she got a free Digital Transport Adaptor (DTA) (»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···igration) and then that DTA somehow got enabled for Expanded Basic service (»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···c-cable/).

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

She also could be getting the sub channels like wxyz weather or wxyz traffic/news and wbcd spanish. Sorry if I used any real channel names just trying to make a point.
Also she will be getting her community channels if they are in the digital area.
We could see what channels she should be getting if we knew where said person lived I mean city.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to yuppi138

If she upgrades to hd she likely will lose the extra channels.