uniqs
share rss forum feed

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
reply to Rook008

Re: Which console do you think has the nicest games?

I'll probably end up being mocked, but the Sega Dreamcast. I sat here staring at this screen for quite a while thinking and that finally popped into my head. I had ridiculous amounts of fun with that system.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
said by danawhitaker:

I'll probably end up being mocked, but the Sega Dreamcast. I sat here staring at this screen for quite a while thinking and that finally popped into my head. I had ridiculous amounts of fun with that system.

It's also the system that killed Sega.

I'll have to say N64. My friends and I still play Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to danawhitaker
said by danawhitaker:

I was actually just going to say that. I love my collection of Dreamcast games. My collection is only ~50 games, but I wouldn't trade it for 100 Xbox 360 games.

said by sleuth:

said by danawhitaker:

It's also the system that killed Sega.

The Dreamcast didn't kill Sega. Sega killed Sega.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to danawhitaker
said by danawhitaker:

I love my DC, though it's not working now.... I loved Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on it, the version I got on my PS3 really sucks in comparison. The DC version MADE you replay that thing over and over and over to unlock everything, but the PS3 version doesn't have any of that.

I also loved Skies of Arcadia on it, the VMU mini-game got me tons of extra potions/etc. The remake on the Gamecube couldn't come close to it.

One day I'll fix the thing, I just haven't had the time. I bought it when Sega canned it.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
Skies of Arcadia was great - though I admit, I ended up finishing it on the Gamecube a few years later. I did miss the VMU aspect when I did that. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 brings back some great (and horrible, LOL) memories. I'm generally quite terrible at most fighting games, and that one was no exception. I still enjoyed it though.

Dreamcast was my first exposure to Tony Hawk - I played the heck out of 1 and 2. Samba de Amigo was fun. Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2. Dead or Alive 2. NBA 2K/2K1. Phantasy Star Online. Shenmue. Soul Calibur (one of the only fighting game franchises I *don't* suck at).

I actually haven't fired mine up in about 8 years or so. I even still have the free keyboard I got from signing up with the long-defunct Sega.net ISP thing.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
SONIC!

Dream cast sonic was the shit. Loved those games.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to danawhitaker
said by danawhitaker:

I actually haven't fired mine up in about 8 years or so. I even still have the free keyboard I got from signing up with the long-defunct Sega.net ISP thing.

Well, I hope it works! Mine when you turn it on, will start, and start to load the game, then it lets out a loud beep, like it's been rebooted, and the disc will no longer spin. Unit has power, and the icons bounce on the screen, but nothing beyond that as far as optical drive goes. It's a simple thing to take apart, but I haven't taken the time to try to find out the cause/fix.