Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hurleyp

join:2000-06-20
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

[Extreme] Hitron as a Bridge - Where did it go?

Two days ago I retired my old DOCSIS2 SB5100 modem and installed a new Hitron CGN2-ROG. Since I already have a Linksys wireless router running DD-WRT, I disabled the Hitron's wireless capabilities, UPnP, and the Residential Gateway feature to get the Hitron in bridged mode. With that configuration my connection to the net is solid and the speeds are good.

One problem though: I cannot access the Hitron at the standard 192.168.0.1 IP location - the browser just times out. If I do a hard reset with the reset button, I can once again browse to the modem, but the reset returns the modem to factory defaults. I even tried some other possible addresses (192.168.1.1, 192.168.100.1) but to no avail.

Is there a different IP to access the modem?
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

Go to Page 23: »www.westmancom.com/fileadmin/con···tron.pdf

polbox

join:2002-05-28
poland
reply to hurleyp

»192.168.0.1/user/setup-capability.asp

uncheck all and apply. Modem should reboot to bridge mode.

hurleyp

Ottawa, ON
reply to hurleyp

To clarify: I CAN access the modem via 192.168.0.1 when it is in factory default state. I CANNOT access the modem via 192.168.0.1 when I have it in bridge mode.
--

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

I think you can only access it in wired mode if in bridge mode. At least you can get it in bridge mode, my stupid modem won't. Even disabling everything it sticks in gateway mode. Although my Airport Express does play friendly with it. (it's wired) but the other router can't.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

hurleyp

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to hurleyp

I did a little more research and it turns out that this is normal. If you disable "Residential Gateway" the box becomes a bare-bones bridge. The router portion is completely disabled, and there is nothing to accept any logon connections.
--