share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to footballdude

Re: [NFL] Who replaces Andy Reid as Eagles head coach at year en

I read somewhere that Sanchez would be a good fit for the Raiders. I mean how worst can he be then Palmer?

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

I read somewhere that Sanchez would be a good fit for the Raiders. I mean how worst can he be then Palmer?

Compare their stats and comeback and see how much worse Sanchez is lol.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
reply to FFH

Hey, it's Philadelphia so does it really matter?

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

I don't think Sanchez gets traded. The Jets are 25 million over the salary cap next season as it stands now. They have to clean house and cut salary. If they trade or release Sanchez, they will take another four million hit against the cap. They might be willing to do that if someone offered the moon for him, but with Al Davis dead, no current owner is that crazy.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to FFH

It's almost official: »www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000···a-eagles

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to I AM

I have a feeling Andy stays!!!!!

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by I AM:

It is finally official - Reid is fired.
»www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag···ach.html

It's finally official: The Andy Reid era in Philadelphia is over.

Reid was fired Monday after 14 seasons at the helm of the Eagles. His dismissal comes one day after an embarrassing 42-7 loss at the New York Giants which put the finishing touches on a 4-12 season.

The Eagles will hold a press conference at noon. We'll have live coverage right here on Philly.com starting at 11:30 a.m.

"Andy Reid won the most games of any head coach in Eagles history and he is someone I respect greatly and will remain friends with for many years to come,” Eagles chairman and CEO Jeff Lurie said in a press release. "But, it is time for the Eagles to move in a new direction. Coach Reid leaves us with a winning tradition that we can build upon. And we are very excited about the future.”

Now, who replaces him. They need to move quickly in signing a replacement. Maybe today at news conference.

--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

Or not.

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

Via condios, Andy.

»www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000···-seasons

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to FFH

BLACK MONDAY
Buffalo Bills fired Chan Gailey

Chicago Bears fired Lovie Smith

Cleveland Browns fired Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert

Kansas City Chiefs fired Romeo Crennel.

Philadelphia Eagles fired Andy Reid

San Diego Chargers fired Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith

Arizona Cardinals fired Ken Whisenhunt and GM Rod Graves

New York Jets fired GM Mike Tannenbaum

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Where can I apply for one of these jobs?

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

Now, who replaces him. They need to move quickly in signing a replacement.

Here are some possibles:
»www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag···dup.html
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

said by FFH:

said by FFH:

Now, who replaces him. They need to move quickly in signing a replacement.

Here are some possibles:
»www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag···dup.html

I really doubt that Bill Cowher &/or Jon Gruden will accept. They both have comfortable Reporting positions with no stress and fan abuse. Plus, and this is the main reason, Philly doesn't have a capable QB, without whom, you will get fired in 2 years.
Shanahan was in the wilderness for years after John Elway. The "best" he had was the flaky and temperamental Jay Cutler. Look how far he has come with RGIII.

The best Philly can hope for is Chip Kelly who so wants to be a NFL Coach he will go anywhere or some Asst Coach who wants Head Coach on the Resume'. Philly has a long rebuilding. Too many Divas on the Team.

All the Teams who have fired head Coaches have no QBs, except maybe the Chargers. The changes will accomplish nothing.
--
one cigarette costs 2 minutes of your life.
one bottle of beer costs 4 minutes of your life.
one working day costs 8 hours of your life.

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Moorecards

It baffles my mind that Rex is not on the list of those fired today.
And if the Cardinals don't do something to solve the QB situation, I would expect to see Fitzgerald requesting a trade to a team that can get him the ball.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

Odd situation with the Jets. They're trying to hire a new GM with a head coach already in place. Pretty awkward for any incoming GM.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to AZ_OGM

I don't think Rex is a bad head coach, and he did a bunch of good things for the Jets in his first two seasons in NY.

His continued confidence in Sanchez was a mistake though.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..

said by Rook008:

I don't think Rex is a bad head coach, and he did a bunch of good things for the Jets in his first two seasons in NY.

His continued confidence in Sanchez was a mistake though.

Going with the best you have available is all any professional coach can do. That isn't the same as saying he has confidence in what his best is. Sometimes the best isn't that good or effective. Which brings us to the case of Mr. Sanchez.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to FFH

Most people think a assistant coach gets picked. My bets on gruden or cowler. Leaning towards cowler as i doubt gruden wants to return yet. Philadelphia is a attractive team for any coach that wants to return. The nucleous is there with maybe some question on foles. They are not a bad team they were just horribly coached the last few years. I dont really blame it on andy himself as much as all andys personal problems the last few years.

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
reply to FFH

I don't think Rex is a good head coach.Very much like his dad Buddy.Very good defensive coaches both of them but head coach ,no.
Jets should hire new head coach and let him be defensive coach.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
reply to Blogger

said by Blogger:

Going with the best you have available is all any professional coach can do. That isn't the same as saying he has confidence in what his best is. Sometimes the best isn't that good or effective. Which brings us to the case of Mr. Sanchez.

While Tebow is not a premier QB by any mean, I think there is at least a 50% possibility that he could've been more effective than Sanchez in some games, had he been given a chance.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 edit
reply to FFH

nm

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Moorecards

Poor lovie.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to FFH

I just read that Reid is interviewing with the Cardinals, with the pitch that he can 'fix' Kolb. There's no doubt that Kolb played much better in Reid's scheme.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Reid and Kolb reunited! Fitzgerald should be happy as Reid throws all the time.

Could Lovie Smith be the the defensive version of Reid?

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

I just read that Reid is interviewing with the Cardinals, with the pitch that he can 'fix' Kolb. There's no doubt that Kolb played much better in Reid's scheme.

Vick to the Cardinals
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to I AM

Reid will probably handle going from the eagles to cardinals as well as Buddy Ryan did. Is history about to repeat itself. I would think arizona would stay far away from a x eagles coach after that fiasco.
As far as vick my guess is he ends up in dallas.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to I AM

I think Lovie is a good coach and would hate to see him have only a one time stint at the head spot.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA

Lovie will get another chance. Him and reid are a lot a like in they want to be the players friend more than they want to be the players coach.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to rody_44

said by rody_44:

As far as vick my guess is he ends up in dallas.

WHOOOT!!! We got from a guy who throws interceptions in big games to a guy who throw interceptions every game!!!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY

lol