Lansing, MI
reply to Moorecards

Poor lovie.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to FFH

I just read that Reid is interviewing with the Cardinals, with the pitch that he can 'fix' Kolb. There's no doubt that Kolb played much better in Reid's scheme.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Reid and Kolb reunited! Fitzgerald should be happy as Reid throws all the time.

Could Lovie Smith be the the defensive version of Reid?

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

I just read that Reid is interviewing with the Cardinals, with the pitch that he can 'fix' Kolb. There's no doubt that Kolb played much better in Reid's scheme.

Vick to the Cardinals
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to I AM

Reid will probably handle going from the eagles to cardinals as well as Buddy Ryan did. Is history about to repeat itself. I would think arizona would stay far away from a x eagles coach after that fiasco.
As far as vick my guess is he ends up in dallas.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to I AM

I think Lovie is a good coach and would hate to see him have only a one time stint at the head spot.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA

Lovie will get another chance. Him and reid are a lot a like in they want to be the players friend more than they want to be the players coach.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to rody_44

said by rody_44:

As far as vick my guess is he ends up in dallas.

WHOOOT!!! We got from a guy who throws interceptions in big games to a guy who throw interceptions every game!!!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

lol

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to FFH

Chiefs on verge of hiring Reid according to ESPN...

Goodbye Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell!
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

BUT HE CANZ FIX THE KOLBZZZZ!!!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to MuDvAyNe

said by MuDvAyNe:

Chiefs on verge of hiring Reid according to ESPN...

Goodbye Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell!

And Goodbye to Jamaal Charles getting consistent amount of carries week to week.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
reply to MuDvAyNe

Insiders from espn has been saying that for two months now. Be interesting if it turns out they were correct. Would make one wonder how they could possibly know two months ago.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
reply to I AM

No you are wrong vick had one game this year that he didnt throw any interceptions. Probably fumbled twice in that game but still.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by rody_44:

No you are wrong vick had one game this year that he didnt throw any interceptions. Probably fumbled twice in that game but still.

You can only fix clay before it's been fired. Vick is set in stone where Kolb is open to be molded still. Of course that pitch sounds more like a bit at a QB coach position then a head coach position.

I say Chip Kelly takes the Eagles over.....for a few years before going back to college.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

I'm not sure we should limit that guy. He has done amazing things for Oregon.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by f0rtys3ven:

I'm not sure we should limit that guy. He has done amazing things for Oregon.

College to pro is typically failure. Hard to ignore those facts.

Jim Harbaugh
Steve Spurrier
Lane Kiffin
Mike Riley
Lou Holtz
Nick Saban
Pete Carroll
Butch Davis
Bobby Petrino
Dennis Erickson
Frank Kush
Bud Wilkinson
Dick MacPherson
Rich Brooks

--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Typically failure?

More like normal path of advancement.

Hows the 49ers?

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by f0rtys3ven:

Typically failure?

More like normal path of advancement.

Hows the 49ers?

Jimmy Johnson is the only one with a ring. The odds just don't line up for college head coaches jumping directly into a head coach role in the NFL.
--

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to Draiman

While I do agree college coaches generally are not made for NFL type X and O strats, you labeling Jim Harbaugh a failure is BS.

Man has been coaching for 2 years went to the playoffs twice, NFC championship game last year and was 2 fumbles on special teams away from playing in the SB. Made Alex Smith a pretty damn good QB. I wouldn't label Harbaugh a failure. Also Pete Carroll has gotten his Seahawks better and better with every year and especially this year. Both those colleges coaches have 2 of the best teams in the NFL this year.

FYi - I don't want Chip Kelly as an Eagles HC - I think its dumb to hire him. I want Bruce Arians, or any 49ers Coordinator, or any Seahawks coordinator.
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Draiman

I don't think it matters that much.

Most head coaches in the NFL coached at a collegiate level at some point.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC

4 edits
reply to FFH

And funny enough look at Dennis Erickson who came from Oregon and failed. It's not hard to think it will happen again with Kelly.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

4 edits
reply to f0rtys3ven

said by f0rtys3ven:

I don't think it matters that much.

Most head coaches in the NFL coached at a collegiate level at some point.

Well DUH! But vast majority learned how to win by advancing up the ranks to head coach in the NFL instead of starting there. When you skip the ranks you skip the experience that follows which leads to failure. Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
--

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

4 edits
reply to Eagles LoveR

said by Eagles LoveR:

While I do agree college coaches generally are not made for NFL type X and O strats, you labeling Jim Harbaugh a failure is BS.

Man has been coaching for 2 years went to the playoffs twice, NFC championship game last year and was 2 fumbles on special teams away from playing in the SB. Made Alex Smith a pretty damn good QB. I wouldn't label Harbaugh a failure. Also Pete Carroll has gotten his Seahawks better and better with every year and especially this year. Both those colleges coaches have 2 of the best teams in the NFL this year.

FYi - I don't want Chip Kelly as an Eagles HC - I think its dumb to hire him. I want Bruce Arians, or any 49ers Coordinator, or any Seahawks coordinator.

He's yet to win when it matters. Time will tell if he's decent or not but let's say he becomes the SECOND coach in history to be good from college to the nfl. Would you bet on being struck by lightning, mauled by a black bear, AND also being mauled by a brown bear all in the same day? History is a bitch sometimes but it's always true.

FYI: That list is a re-post from the professional sports writers who know more then anyone here. Unless we have one of them here no one knows about.
--

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ

said by Draiman:

said by Eagles LoveR:

The Raven's made the play-offs in 2000, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. It looks like Harbaugh inherited a good team to me. Maybe you can explain that away?

Ravens? Jon Harbaugh? The guy who wasn't in college football prior to the Ravens job? The guy who coached as an assistant for the Eagles since day 1 of Reids tenure? How does that help your point?

49ers prior to JIM Harbaugh were nothing, one of the worst teams in football for years. JIM, the guy from Stanford, turned the 49ers around.
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

1 recommendation

reply to Draiman

If I was Nick Saban or Chip Kelly I would stay put.

Chip Kelly's style of success will only work, with the proper personnel. Personally I would stay clear of any team, unless I had a QB. The best job going, at this moment, is SD. At least Rivers, who admittedly has had a poor season, is generally a good QB.

Andy Reid should have stayed retired for a year. He has a good RB in KC, but Andy throws the ball only, and Matt Cassell can't deliver. The Chiefs have the first round pick, but I don't see any RGIII, Luck caliber QBs in the draft this year. His only advantage is that, besides the Broncos, its a weak division.

Andy Reid, with all his previous personal woes, should, emulate Cowher, Dungy etc and devote more time to his family.
--
one cigarette costs 2 minutes of your life.
one bottle of beer costs 4 minutes of your life.
one working day costs 8 hours of your life.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ

Rivers has had back-to-back bad seasons. Granted, he doesn't have as much talent around him as he did a few years ago, but he has played like poop for a couple seasons not just this past one.
--

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to FFH

I agree with you there capdjq. I think Chip know's he needs to personnel to make him look good from the start. He turned down Tampa last year or he could have been a head coach already.
--

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
Trenton, NJ
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

said by Eagles LoveR:

He's yet to win when it matters. Time will tell if he's decent or not but let's say he becomes the SECOND coach in history to be good from college to the nfl. Would you bet on being struck by lightning, mauled by a black bear, AND also being mauled by a brown bear all in the same day? History is a bitch sometimes but it's always true.

FYI: That list is a re-post from the professional sports writers who know more then anyone here. Unless we have one of them here no one knows about.

This is Jim's second year as an NFL HC of the 49ers. I'd say at this point today he NFL coaching career has been very much more than "descent". the 49ers last year no one thought they were near a playoff team let a lone make it to the NFC championship game, lose mainly because their primary Punt returner was injured.
--