spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ytwater
@comcast.net

ytwater

Anon

Snapper Rear Engine Riding Mower Battery Replacement

I have an old Snapper RER series 19, model EM281019BE. I would like to purchase a replacement battery, AGM type with L terminals. The current battery dimensions are 5/14" w x 71/4" l x 61/4" h (not including terminals). I would like a 12-volt with a minimum of 190 CCA. Can you make a recommendation?

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar

Premium Member

I bought my last lawnmower battery at an auto supply store.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

I have good success with batteries from this company, selling the Tempest brand.

»www.batteryspec.com/indexn.html

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77 to ytwater

Premium Member

to ytwater
Do you have a Batteries Plus near you? They usually have just what you are looking for. »www.batteriesplus.com/
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to ytwater

to ytwater
»www.azbatterystore.com/

I have used them occasionally. Since relatively local I pick up locally though so no shipping costs for me.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns to ytwater

Premium Member

to ytwater
I've used batteries from auto parts stores. I even went to a motorcycle dealer and paid $80 for a genuine Yuasa batt. All lasted a year or so.

I have been getting mower, bike and car batts at walmart and get 2-3 years out of them.

The only other batts I have had good luck with were from Sears. But then again, I went through 3 "lifetime batteries", wonder how many here remember those

Bruschi
Premium Member
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod

Bruschi to ytwater

Premium Member

to ytwater
Check sears. I have one from there and it works great.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd to ytwater

Premium Member

to ytwater
Most lawn and garden batteries are produced by Johnson Controls (Interstate Battery is one of their brands) or Exide.
The trick is maintaining batteries when idle, I recommend Battery Tender trickle charge devices to prevent the battery from going bad when not being used.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

said by PrntRhd:

The trick is maintaining batteries when idle, I recommend Battery Tender trickle charge devices to prevent the battery from going bad when not being used.

I second the battery maintainer. People complain about the short life of small engine batteries. But the majority of the time it is because they sit idle so long. I've used a Battery Tender and have gotten years out of the batteries. One of my motorcycles, a 2006 model, just finished it's 6th year reliably starting the bike. The battery is the same as what's in a riding mower. I have experience with and highly recommend the authentic Battery Tender brand. And you can get their Jr model for a lawnmower for cheap. And they now make a few different solar versions if you park the machine where there is no electric plugs.
Jr: »www.amazon.com/Battery-T ··· 00CITK8S
Solar: »www.amazon.com/Battery-T ··· er+solar