spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kc3fung

@teksavvy.com

Velcom - return policy scam?

Velcom couldn't explain to me the reasons behind their decision, perhaps someone else can.

A modem was returned, and the power adapter was claimed to have been damaged. I understand they cannot resell the modem as is, but I don't understand they have charged me the entire cost of the modem when the power adapter is a replaceable component which can be replaced at a fraction of its cost. I thought it would be obvious that if I returned an iPad and the adapter is broken, I would be charged the cost to replace the adapter.

Another modem was returned, but a network cable and phone splitter was missed in the package. I got charged over $20 for those two pieces of content. Also, I got charged the shipping cost when I paid for the shipment back to Velcom.

I couldn't get any explanation from Velcom, they seem to show no sign of interest in addressing my questions. Perhaps someone can explain to me from the business point of view why a customer should be charged the amount that they have...?

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2

Simple. It's a scam. And it's practiced by many large corporations. The idea is to overcharge just enough so that you won't bother contesting it, preferring to pay the bill just to get the corporation off your back and not ruin your credit rating.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

Kane Hart

join:2012-11-17
reply to kc3fung

Just follow them a few home and describe what nice kids he or she has...

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5

said by Kane Hart:

Just follow them a few home and describe what nice kids he or she has...

Creepy
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

bdoyledimou

join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

a network cable is about $5 and a I just bought a pots splitter from walmart last night for $17.

seems like you got a deal.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5

said by bdoyledimou:

a network cable is about $5 and a I just bought a pots splitter from walmart last night for $17.

seems like you got a deal.

DSL microfilters cost a couple of bucks a piece. $17.00 is a total ripoff.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net