uniqs

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Re: CATV issue- box freezing and reboots.

The node doesn't care what's hitting it, all it does is convert light to RF and RF to Light on the way back. They have a trunk issue / HE issue they need to resolve for you. No return amp is going to fix that, no matter what the sparkys say.

I hope they get it resolved, but you are at their mercy until they figure it out. I suggest to keep calling until it's fixed. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Have you tried hooking 1 (one) box up to the two way where the modem is to replicate yet, with everything else in the house disco'd?
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by beachintech:

Have you tried hooking 1 (one) box up to the two way where the modem is to replicate yet, with everything else in the house disco'd?

I haven't, and I'm not sure I need to at this point. Clean signal is making it back to the node- every channel change works to start a session and to fix a freeze, regardless of box, outlet, etc. Now that I can replicate it after a consistent 60 minute period... I think we can rule out ingress.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

Depends on what freq it's on, but possibly. They are going to ask you to do it at some point.