uniqs
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to Brett C

to Brett C

Re: [Embarq] Current slow connection

bctrainers,

We understand how frustrating service issues can be and would like to help resolve them. Please send account & contact info, include user name from this post. Use the link »t.co/lm5JYoPO or email talktous@centurylink.com

Thanks
Patti
CenturyLink Help Team

Brett C
join:2004-08-03
Olathe, KS

Brett C to chaser48crdf

to chaser48crdf
Started to notice issues here in Eastern KS, notably around Gardner, KS routing. During the evening, the ping is mostly-normal, no packet loss if you conclude 0.1-0.2% is normal, but there's apparently a fair amount of jitter/latency spikes (going from 5ms to 200 to 800ms) going on with the centurylink/embarq hops.

The speed tests are netting between 2 and 8mbps during peak hours. A lot of websites are sometimes quite slow to load. While in FPS games, watching things rubber band is highly annoying. In MMORPG games, like Rift, I get teleported backwards or watching people in mass just stop doing whatever they were doing and then all hit an enemy all at one time.

It's starting to get somewhat annoying now. I wonder when Google fiber will extend south of Kansas City, Ks/Mo. Not to sound like a band-wagoner, but those speeds are highly appealing and quite desirable for such a price compared to the cost i have for 10mbps down/640k up. =(
chaser48crdf
join:2012-11-30
Chilhowee, MO

chaser48crdf to toby

to toby
I tried power cycling when I posted but still had slow connection. Came back home later in day and power cycled modem with fast connection restored.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to chaser48crdf

to chaser48crdf
Look at what your modem is synched at.
chaser48crdf
join:2012-11-30
Chilhowee, MO

chaser48crdf

Live in rural Chilhowee, MO where they just buried new copper line for stretch. Looks like they swap my house from the pole copper line to buried copper line yesterday. Now my internet connection slowed way down. I pay for 4.0M but usually get 2-2.5M connection. today I get .9M for internet. Wow this is slow. Called internet support and they have an automated status report where they claim a slower connection is known and techs are working on it. Hope it fixed soon.