spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kevinb

@rogers.com

[Extreme] Rogers Throtting torrents]

I'm on extreme, and I have been upgraded to the new faster speeds (i can download almost 5 megs a sec), and it seems that rogers has done something, because before I could download all my torrents at full bandwidth, and now all my torrents download are under 1 megabyte a second. How can I fix this. Its not the torrents...

kevinb

@rogers.com

sorry i meant extreme plus

Cosmok

join:2010-03-31
Ottawa, ON

You can see if you Rogers is still throttling torrents in your neighbourhood by entering your postal code at this website.

»promo.orderrogers.ca/trafficmana···-traffic

They are still throttling torrent traffic for me as well.

Rogers claims it will not be throttling by the end of 2012. I suggest you wait a few weeks.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1

Now, aren't they supposed to have this P2P management done away with due to law?

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:10
reply to kevinb

Rogers has another 23 days until they have to stop all throttling.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

lol, i doubt they will be doing any sort of network changes or upgrades right before x-mas and new years.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to kevinb

Interesting, somebody on TekSavvy cable (via Rogers) was complaining about his downstream being totally crippled with pings of over 1500mS with a low upload to a site ... in the same style as throttling.

kevinb

@rogers.com
reply to kevinb

The rogers website says I have been removed from throttling, but I think that refers to upload throttling only, they are definitely throttling my torrent downloads.

"A. Although you will not notice a change while doing regular surfing, those who use peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing applications will notice that their upload speeds are no longer slowed."

dowloads range from 250kb/s to 800kb/s.

I think this came with the new speeds, before the upgrade I was getting 4 megs a second on torrents, now my downloads are 5 megs a second, but torrents are totally crippled.

sucks

This is mississauga, ON

kevinb

@rogers.com
reply to kevinb

Re: [Extreme] Rogers Throtting torrents

would also like to add that the throttling seems time dependent, at 1am I am able to download at full speed

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
reply to sbrook

Re: [Extreme] Rogers Throtting torrents]

said by sbrook:

Interesting, somebody on TekSavvy cable (via Rogers) was complaining about his downstream being totally crippled with pings of over 1500mS with a low upload to a site ... in the same style as throttling.

TSI is also currently oversold in some of their markets and generally seems to be having a host of issues across the board too.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

This isn't a TSI issue because tracerts show it totally between the user and the CMTS head end but it's not a BER problem which would be indicative of an RF problem. And it's not time dependent which shows it's not a matter of being oversold (saturated links).