spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dth
@rr.com

dth

Anon

[TWC] Motorola DCX3200-M HD box / Docsis 2.0+ Modem

I'm disappointed that TWC does not support this as a cable modem.
It would be very useful to have one box that can do both. (Internet + TV)

I had my TV service installed today and looked up the model of HD box I received.
Motorola DCX3200-M P3
Has a built in Docsis 2.0+ modem with 2 stream channel bonding.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

The modem is used internally by the box to download guide info, interact with VOD and SDV systems.

DOCSIS 2 modems don't channel bond.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by DocDrew:

DOCSIS 2 modems don't channel bond.

From »www.motorola.com/web/Bus ··· ibItem=1

/M

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

Not quite standard DOCSIS 2. It seems Broadcom made a odd chipset. It's like the early channel bonding Motorola 6100 modems, which were pretty much only used in Singapore. Good luck finding a US CMTS config'd to support that.

dth
@verizon.net

dth

Anon

Thanks for the info. I was gonna try and have them register it anyway, telling them that its a 5101 or something, and providing the mac address to my box to see if it could work.

Most likely no, but I might get lucky.

I always thought VOD stuff was still pushed through the cable line. Unless all boxes have a docsis 2 modem built into them. I know my previous ones did not or it was not mentioned that they did.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by dth :

Thanks for the info. I was gonna try and have them register it anyway, telling them that its a 5101 or something, and providing the mac address to my box to see if it could work.

Most likely no, but I might get lucky.

I always thought VOD stuff was still pushed through the cable line. Unless all boxes have a docsis 2 modem built into them. I know my previous ones did not or it was not mentioned that they did.

VOD is still using the same frequencies on the boxes with the modems activated just that newer boxes use the internet frequencies for two communications with the headend so your VOD request is sent over the private internet network over DOCSIS to the headend instead of the legacy out of band and return path channels.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew to dth

Premium Member

to dth
said by dth :

If the box is running Navigator, the internal modem is already registered to your account and being used by the box. Since it's an "M" model, more than likely it is.

Vertigo
@myvzw.com

Vertigo to dth

Anon

to dth
What area are you in? I didn't even know Time Warner had deployed the P3 model yet. How does the box run so far?