how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gjrhine

join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

[iPad] iPad Mini and Outlook Calender and Contacts

My wife's corporate laptop is locked up pretty tight with security restrictions. VPN seems limited to the laptop because of a certificate on it. She is able to get corporate email on the Mini through web access but how can I get her Calendar and Contact info on the Mini even if it means periodic non-auto syncing? She can not have iTunes.
--
Gary in South Carolina --For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three.

spinJR
what exit?

join:2002-01-07

should be straight forward. if they are using exchange then it is all under one setting on the remote device. if they are using some other mail system, id have her ask her IT department. this isnt on the mini (remote) end.
--
welcome to NJ, pay the 7% and go home!

Teasip

join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX
reply to gjrhine

Off topic, but an important item to consider, depending on her job and position; if something should ever occur and she were to have her emails audited and she has access to them from home, her home computer is now a "discoverable" piece of equipment and anything on that computer is subject to review. I work for a local government and we have been forewarned of this (same goes for smartphones, regardless of whether the employer issued the device).

gjrhine

Pawleys Island, SC

Her corporate laptop is with her at home and most places she goes. I was able to export her calendar to a PST file on Dropbox but now I am not sure what to do with it on the iPad.
--
Gary in South Carolina --For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three.

Teasip

join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Glad to hear it. After I posted I recalled that I had seen a news interview with a local Dallas attorney stating the fact about personal electronic gear being accessible/admissible in employer related legal matters.

gjrhine

Pawleys Island, SC
reply to gjrhine

It turns out Calendar and Contacts are right there in OWA along with email which we got working so we're good!