ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
USA

ebgbjo

Premium Member

[Rant] Sprint Cellphone Insurance Is a Joke

So, some how my screen cracked on my phone. Sprint guy said it wasn't that bad and that if I left my phone there for an hour, he could get it fixed as I have insurance on it.

Go back later to be told that in fact it can not be fixed as Sprint no longer carries the screen I need (I have an Evo 4G so it isn't as though it is an outdated phone) and if I want it, I have to pay Sprint 100$ because they will have to order it from another company and since they won't get credit, I have to pay the deductible.

So, what is the point of paying insurance on my phone? Insurance that is supposed to cover a cracked screen?

nightshade74
Yet another genxer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-06
Prattville, AL

nightshade74

Premium Member

In general it sounds like cell phone insurance is ho-hum.

Sprint -- »shop2.sprint.com/en/stor ··· up.shtml $100 deductible

AT&T -- »www.wireless.att.com/lea ··· dule.pdf $125 or $199 deductible

Verizon -- »support.verizonwireless. ··· nce.html $99 deductible

T-Mobile -- »www.t-mobile.com/shop/ad ··· nsurance $130 deductible

ebgbjo
Premium Member
USA

ebgbjo

Premium Member

Wow

So, wondering why I am already paying 100$ a year to Asurion and still have to pay for repairs. Are there any other phone insurance companies for non-apple users (who can use Apple Care or Asurion)

nightshade74
Yet another genxer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-06
Prattville, AL

nightshade74

Premium Member

Off the top of my head ...

»www.ensquared.com/
»www.squaretrade.com/

However -- I usually just throw the money I'd pay for insurance in the bank. In this case I can replace the phone for $178 (less on ebay) »www.amazon.com/HTC-Andro ··· t+Evo+4G

So it's $178 - $100 deductible. That leaves $78. I'm not a big fan of insuring for a $78 loss.....

ebgbjo
Premium Member
USA

ebgbjo

Premium Member

Thanks!
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood

Squaretrade is very goof. Also, google "squaretrade coupon code". I did that one time, and got 30% off.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to nightshade74

Premium Member

to nightshade74
Strange, I paid AT&T $50 to send me a replacement Android after cracking the screen 2 months into having the phone. Screen was black after that. Replacement was here in 1 day. Was a minor drop. The replacement and all my other phones survived worse. I am careful, but 1 or 2 are inevitable. For me, the few $ a month well paid off.

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277 to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
Sounds like the sprint store is trying to rip you off. I would call sprint customer service and inquire about a warranty replacement phone.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by Bamafan2277:

Sounds like the sprint store is trying to rip you off. I would call sprint customer service and inquire about a warranty replacement phone.

Was it a corporate store or an "authorized reseller"?

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to ebgbjo

Premium Member

to ebgbjo
Never by insurance from these con artists. I bought the 'insurance' for my iPhone along with the extended warranty. Needed some work, they had no phones in. Went back two weeks later, they still have no replacement phones. I ended up having to buy a phone.

This is Rogers, BTW If they do have a phone in stock, it's a flip phone, the $9 ones from Wal*Mart. Not much good for checking e-mails and stuff.