spc
uniqs

LeahDaisyD
@myvzw.com

LeahDaisyD to TexasRebel

Anon

to TexasRebel

Re: Anyone with GEN4 have consistent Speeds

All I want is decent broadband. I live in a magical house within city limits on the MS Gulf Coast that cannot get Cable or DSL; and since satellite was so slow when we moved in, I went with Verizon MiFi. We are using 25 G per month, and it is painfully slow and exorbitantly expensive. So, I was thinking of getting satellite now that it is faster / less expensive. But, in reading, it seems like Wildblue Excede has a major usage meter issue - tons of people complaining in their forums w/ no apparent resolution. And now I am reading Hughesnet doesn't have the speed. I spend a lot of time regretting all of the bitching I did about the high speed cable when I lived in the DC area. We apparently now have 4G, but the MiFi is unstable & constantly going out on the 4G -- probably too high demand for existing towers. Oh, what to do?

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by LeahDaisyD :

All I want is decent broadband.

Thats a tough one... The entire past 3 days my connection speed has been absolutely nothing but slow.... Tried backing up of my games earlier and i find out that I have to update before backing up so i take a look at the size and its 6.6GB and my connection remains EXTREMELY slow at this moment and i have a strong feeling its gonna stay like this..... I'm gonna start using cracks from now on (on my already PAID games) this is just absolutely ridiculous. I'm done, i give up, i try being patient, try calling and no outcome except filling with rage.

disgusted
@direcway.com

disgusted to LeahDaisyD

Anon

to LeahDaisyD
I got upgraded 2 days a go . My Hughes test speeds are about 1/4 of the worst I was getting with the 9000. Typical is 200 (yes 200 I didnt miss a digit) and 60. It's been as bad as 70 and 0. The installer swears nothing is wrong. Spent an hour on the phone with support. They concluded it's my PC only I was getting 1400 and 200 with the same PC before the install. Oh and all three PC's I have when connected directly to the modem give me the same results. I should have known. These people are crooks!

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk to LeahDaisyD

Premium Member

to LeahDaisyD
Having been with Hughesnet for years:
If you are looking for decent broadband you will NOT find it with Hughesnet.

The foreign based tech support is...beyond belief.

The support website... if you can't sing the praises of Hughesnet you are banned from the site. Go over and take a read and you will see more holes in the threads than Swiss cheese.
Regardless of platform the ground based part is just overloaded.
Never ever ever set up "auto-pay" with these people !

If you make the mistake of doing business with these people..save every scrap of paper, record phone conversations, save any chat dialogs.

In my experience this is not a reputable company.