uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

I recall Y2K, and all the hype/hysteria, but 2012....

Dang but I am sure looking forward to Jan 2013 so we can all just laugh at all the shit pretending to be so fricking clever.

I remember Y2K and it seemed plausible that there might be some chaos.

But 2012 has I think raised the bar for idiocy.

With some luck, I am hoping to celebrate Dec 21 changing to Dec 22 the same way I did the day following midnight 1999. With the wife and enjoying some 'recreation' timed to reach grand finale at the precise moment the day changes over

And with some luck, Netflix deletes all the 2012 inspired IQ sucking drivel from the service in 2013 too.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
To be honest, people around here don't seem to care; it is Xmas shopping as usual. I don't hear about it on the streets, in the stores, on the radio... nada. With Y2K I always heard people talking about it. End of the world is only 2 weeks away and nobody seems the least bit bothered

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by CXM_Splicer:

To be honest, people around here don't seem to care;

Not too many Mayan's wandering around NYC.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Sukunai
"And with some luck, Netflix deletes all the 2012 inspired IQ sucking drivel from the service in 2013 too.
"

No, I hope they keep it to forever remind people who stupid they were/how stupid their ancestors were.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Sukunai
said by Sukunai:

Dang but I am sure looking forward to Jan 2013 so we can all just laugh at all the shit pretending to be so fricking clever.

I remember Y2K and it seemed plausible that there might be some chaos.

But 2012 has I think raised the bar for idiocy.

With some luck, I am hoping to celebrate Dec 21 changing to Dec 22 the same way I did the day following midnight 1999. With the wife and enjoying some 'recreation' timed to reach grand finale at the precise moment the day changes over

And with some luck, Netflix deletes all the 2012 inspired IQ sucking drivel from the service in 2013 too.

The reason Y2K went smoothly is because lots of money was spent to correct the issues that would have caused problems. I know the federal agency I'm a contractor for spent literally millions fixing the code and other things that had issues. If that would not have been done then yes, Y2K would have been a problem.

Twaddle

@sbcglobal.net
Y2K was real and would have caused a LOT if issues if not addressed and code fixed. Lots of people seem to think it was not a BIG DEAL or BS because they did not experience the repercussions that would have occurred had it not been fixed.
Now if only we could get some real security and privacy when we're on this new-fangled thing called the Internet a.k.a. "Give it to the Feds with no questions"