Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to Upsidedown

Premium Member

to Upsidedown

Re: Start.ca VS Distributel

said by Upsidedown :

-Start covers Telus, Bell, Rogers and Cogeco's footprint.

I don't normally hop into sales threads (especially 'us' vs 'them' ones), but just a slight correction on the above as we're not in Telus area. Right now mainly just focused on all of Ontario, which we cover with Bell, Rogers and Cogeco.

ErrorError
@start.ca

ErrorError

Anon

Why does Start's website qualify DSL in Edmonton if you guys dont cover Telus? Man, I was JUST about to wean my sister off of Telus' stupidity.
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

said by ErrorError :

Why does Start's website qualify DSL in Edmonton if you guys dont cover Telus? Man, I was JUST about to wean my sister off of Telus' stupidity.

What method did you use to qualify? For DSL, you use phone to qualify not by address I believe. *Correct me if I'm wrong!

ErrorError
@start.ca

ErrorError

Anon

I punched in my sister's postal code after clicking on "High Speed" and it says she can get DSL 2, 6 or 15.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

The main services page uses the postal code to determine the cable zone. The highspeed availability link is the main tool that does qualification and can check phone #'s for service (ie postal codes are too large to do useful dsl qualification). It's a good point for out of province searches though, I'll see what I can do. We don't do any advertising outside of Ontario so it hasn't come up before.