Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

torobull123

join:2009-06-20
reply to vinkl

Re: [Cable] Experiencing extremely low download/upload speeds

If you have ever seen the POI map for East end Scarborough, you'd notice how ridiculously undeserved the POI are in the area.

1 crappy POI serving a HUGE area with a ton of suburban neigherhoods and businesses. Not to mention UofT Scarborough.

»www.canadiancow.com/teksavvy/ind ··· ndex.php

This has been a problem for the area for many years now. Its the reason why I switched to TSI DSL 5+ years ago. Rogers only response was to introduce a 60gb cap after I started complaining.

This is why I am very reluctant switching back to cable.

EDIT: As far as Im concerned every single street/neighborhood should have a minimum of 1 POI. More than 1 if the capita is higher than average.
Expand your moderator at work

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to torobull123

Re: [Cable] Experiencing extremely low download/upload speeds

said by torobull123:

If you have ever seen the POI map for East end Scarborough, you'd notice how ridiculously undeserved the POI are in the area.

1 crappy POI serving a HUGE area with a ton of suburban neigherhoods and businesses. Not to mention UofT Scarborough.

EDIT: As far as Im concerned every single street/neighborhood should have a minimum of 1 POI. More than 1 if the capita is higher than average.

The number of POIs doesn't really matter. What is more important is the number of nodes and how many houses/businesses are passed by each node.

With that last sentence it sounds like you don't even know what a POI is.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to torobull123
Actually, that map's out of date.

If you look at this map:
»maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ··· 0c3d07cb

They added a new POI called "Comstock" (near Warden & St.Clair) and moved the lower half of the McNicholl POI to it, the little jutting down area of the York Mills POI, and some of the Bloor.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP