spc
Search similar:

uniqs
donmid
join:2012-12-08
Altadena, CA

donmid

Sorry 2 Go

I needed to increase my speed and DSLX offers the increased speed at a great rate for "new" customers - not existing customers. So - I am becoming a "new" customer with another ISP. DSLX needs to re-think their policy toward existing customers. Six years with DSLX and great service the whole time. Hope my luck with new ISP is the same.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Sorry to see you go, too. Do want to clear up any confusion, though: you're basically guaranteed to run into the same pricing issue with another ISP within a year, too. We resell DSL service, which means the prices we're able to offer have a very direct correlation with the rates we're able to obtain from your local ILEC, in your case AT&T. The ILEC offers us a better rate for the first year for a first-time customer, which means we're in turn able to lower the price that we offer to you, the consumer. After that introductory year, the ILEC's rates go up, so we have to raise our rates as well.

It's not a matter of being mean or ignoring our customerbase, but rather simple economics: it's simply not possible for us to offer the introductory first-time rates while the ILEC is charging us more for existing customers. So, as you can see, we CAN'T rethink our policy regarding such... we'd offer lower prices if we could. Do wish you the best with your new service, nevertheless. If you decide to come back when your rates go up (typically within a year, unless you can secure a multi-year contract), we'll still be here if you want to give us another shot.