Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kruisey

join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC
reply to ruiner

Re: Netflix and Internet use

You cannot change my mind about Optik HD TV the pictures are wonderful. Especially now I have a new TV.
Well they always say that' The truth hurts the most'.
Why you get upset I don't know why?
Everybody is entitled to their opinion and thats mine accept the fact.

ruiner

join:2012-03-10
Canada
reply to Kruisey
So what does the blurry, pixelated mess on your screen have to do with Netflix paying for their own bandwidth? Do you think their CDN is free?
Expand your moderator at work

ruiner

Canada
reply to Kruisey

You have nothing to say other than to try to insult me?

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sure why the moderators decided to unban Kruisey. I guess they got bored with not having any trolls around.

Oh well.
--
The more I C, the less I see.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
All because I defend Telus Optik TV.
You have your opinions and I have mine.This is a Website to discuss Telus .
It is here to discuss both sides of the fence in pleasant open matter.
There probably is another website were one can chat about personal feelings towards others.

ruiner

Canada
Personal feelings? You're the one that called me a fool because my opinion is that Optik's picture quality is sub-par.

Its not just an opinion either, its fact. If you're comparing it to some garbage you downloaded online then Optik might look good. But if you compare it to a decent source it looks horrible. Try watching a Bluray one of these days.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
reply to ruiner

Why do you keep repeating yourself regarding Optik TV.
OK everyone knows your opinion now.

Arthur Dent

join:2011-01-27
Calgary, AB
reply to Kruisey
It's not an opinion, Kruisey. Optik TV video quality is the worst of all providers and should not even be put in the same sentence with Blu-ray. It's time for you to synchronize your "opinions" with reality.

ruiner

Canada
reply to Kruisey
said by Kruisey:

Why do you keep repeating yourself regarding Optik TV.
OK everyone knows your opinion now.

Says the guy who keeps regurgitating the same nonsense over and over. Hypocritical much?

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
Are you afraid of the Telus product?
The way you keep downgrading Optik TV.Seems like a wee bit of jealousy.?

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
reply to Kruisey
said by Kruisey:

You cannot change my mind about Optik HD TV the pictures are wonderful.

Watch a TV show or movie on Blu-Ray then watch it on Optik HD (or the other way around). You'll soon change your mind about how "wonderful" the Optik HD picture quality is.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
Yes I have Blu-Ray.
Since I bought my new 46' Samsung Smart TV ,pictures on Optik HD are out of this world

NetflixGOOD

@shawcable.net
reply to Kruisey
I pay $35 per month for usenet access and $85 for internet and $8 for netflix. $128 in total, no land line and 100mbps internet.

This provides unlimited entertainment on demand via usenet (who cares if NZBmatrix is gone?).

Netflix via VPN I can access USA, EU, HK, UK, FR, DE AND CA content. (This is super simple my GF who couldn't figure out NZBmatrix can use a VPN, even on her smartphone.)

Netflix is great, usenet is great lets see how bad they can make it!

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
reply to Kruisey
said by Kruisey:

Yes I have Blu-Ray.
Since I bought my new 46' Samsung Smart TV ,pictures on Optik HD are out of this world

Honestly, if you can't tell the difference in quality between Optik HD and Blu-Ray, better get your eyes checked.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
I am not a technical person but I do know that any recorded programme depends on the way it is produced quality and colourwise.Some are better than others.Don't blame Optik TV it only give us the quality it receives.Many are good others not so.

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
reply to Kruisey

said by Kruisey:

I am not a technical person but I do know that any recorded programme depends on the way it is produced quality and colourwise.Some are better than others.Don't blame Optik TV it only give us the quality it receives.Many are good others not so.

Kruisey... please stop... I'm also very happy with my optik quality and have posted previously about it. But damn! Nobody (with any knowledge and with proper eyesight) would compare it to a blu-ray movie
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
reply to Kruisey
Only way you can tell the picture quality is get the Optik and Blue-Ray version of a program at the exact millisecond and then use a lossless capture card to save a PNG

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
reply to JammerMan79

Thank you jammerman79 that you also like the quality of Optik TV.
When someone mentioned pixiling and terrible pictures that is just not so.
Actually I cannot understand why someone connected Blu Ray with the internet and Optik TV .They don't connect do they?

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
reply to Kruisey
Please stop egging him on people, my head exploded on the first page!

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
reply to WhosTheBosch

Thank you I am tired too.

ruiner

Canada
reply to Kruisey
Well since this thread is about Netflix, the HD quality on Netflix is usually quite a bit higher than Optik.

Not to mention that you can get the major networks OTA with an antenna for free. That gets you ~19.4 mbps MPEG-2, which also looks significantly better than Optik.

andsoitgoes

join:2005-04-22
Surrey, BC
reply to Kruisey
Optik quality is terrible in comparison to any of the download services. iTunes and Microsoft are free from the terrible compression through TELUS.

As for the pricing, if you watch 3 or 4 shows, you can buy season passes for those shows. Since they're the only reason you're watching the pay channels, you end up paying less for more. $32 for homeland, which is about 12 eps, 3 months worth. Better quality, always have it, includes extras. If you watch other shows on the channel, then it doesn't make sense. But there's no question you will certainly see that Optik HD quality is nowhere near as good. My wife doesn't notice the difference in quality, but she also doesn't mind watching a show in SD when she could easily find it in hd. You may be along the line of her tastes.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
I got a new TV a few months ago and my pictures have improved 100% its the latest Samsung smart TV.
Some of the movies have not got the colour quality others do.
The live shows like CBC and Global TV news are excellent.
Homeland does come over really well on this set.Have the HDMI for sound.
Wow I hope they have a Season Three of Homeland its the best show ever.

spock

join:2012-07-08
Homeland has to be the worst show ever!!! I heard season 3 will be terrible too.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to Kruisey
I agree. +1 Homeland isn't all that good
--
The more I C, the less I see.