Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to annayya

Re: Bell Canada Fibe25/10 can ping but cannot browse frequently

Which profile is better based on your experience to fix this issue ?
v26944-26944_8128-1600_82412
V26944-20032_11328-2048_66211

The profile with the last character as a "2" is an IPTV profile and provides a "temp" fix to the issue...I have used it and it works.

Sunfox

join:2003-12-14
Markham, ON
reply to MRattus
I had this problem last year (my posts are elsewhere on DSLR). After countless line tests and the data center repeatedly assuring me there's a problem on my line, and about a dozen service tech visits assuring me there isn't a problem and/or they can't do anything about it... Bell (probably in desperation) sent someone who actually did something.

They replaced every inch of outside wiring, they inserted a completely new tap point/hotdog in the trunk line right outside my house, and although my speeds didn't improve (I'm at 25/3.6), my sync-no-surf problem has been completely solved since late last summer (my modem was never changed).

So... don't discount an actual physical problem too!

MRattus

join:2013-03-13
reply to masif
I have this exact problem now, dealing with it on the bell direct forum to no avail so far.

LondonDave
Premium
join:2011-09-05
London, ON
reply to JonJon
The F1 is the feeder cable from the central office to the cross connect box. The cable from the cross connect to the pedestal on your street is the F2.

rewket
Premium
join:2003-08-21
Longueuil, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to vaan14
said by vaan14:

said by kovy:

So you have any issue ?

i made a new post on the direct forum, and darryl made a profile change, so far no issues. Hopefully there won't be any issues from now on.

same i msgd daryl and still had disconnections then i quoted the profiles given in this thread and i went from 15/10 with disconnections to 25/10 with no disconnection for 45$~ a month (they mixed up my speed profile)

unfortunately this added 2-6ms on my first hop

JonJon

@bell.ca
reply to masif
When I got this new plan (15/10) and Sagemcom modem/router, I had the exact same issues. 5 months and 9 techs later, I have a new Sagemecom modem, new dsl line in my house, a new port and the best pair of copper my street has. Oh, and one tech said something about fixing my F1. Whatever the hell that is...

The result? Not only can I still not surf, but now when I ping I have 100% packet loss. In my opinion that is worse then the original problem.

Looking around on these forums has been very disappointing as there is no bridge mode, or official statement from Bell on the problem. I tried to get my old 2wire back and downgrade my plan, but the best Bell could do is downgrade my plan while still using the Sagemcom.

To top it all off, We are now paying an extra 3 bucks a month...for what exactly? I don't know where I'm going with this...just adding myself to the list I guess...

vaan14

join:2013-01-17
Mississauga, ON
reply to kovy
said by kovy:

So you have any issue ?

i made a new post on the direct forum, and darryl made a profile change, so far no issues. Hopefully there won't be any issues from now on.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
reply to vaan14
So you have any issue ?

vaan14

join:2013-01-17
Mississauga, ON

1 edit
reply to annayya
said by annayya:

Well, if profiles have nothing to do with internet speed then I got nothing to worry about.

Also, you were asking a few people for the DSL phone number. Can you fix something if I give you my number ?

I have a splitter set up in my Bell box outside, and a line running directly to my room from it, so that I can use the connection for Internet only. This way I am also avoiding the use of filters on the phone.

I have only the bell fibe internet (15/10), which profile would be recommended to use. Also kovy, would I be able to PM you my number to see if you can fix it

themisa

join:2012-05-22
reply to kovy
Which firmware version of Sagemcom "Connection Hub" are people with this issue running?

They recently upgraded from FAST2864_v66398 to FAST2864_v6740S

kovy

reply to annayya
said by annayya:

Well, if profiles have nothing to do with internet speed then I got nothing to worry about.

Also, you were asking a few people for the DSL phone number. Can you fix something if I give you my number ?

I have a splitter set up in my Bell box outside, and a line running directly to my room from it, so that I can use the connection for Internet only. This way I am also avoiding the use of filters on the phone.

Sure PM me.

annayya

join:2012-01-29
reply to kovy

kovy

reply to annayya
said by annayya:

I am currently on profile: v26944_20032_11328_2048_00011
I get very good speeds, 25 down and 10 up at ALL times when I am connected and its working fine.

My Issue is that whenever I try to download torrents the modem disconnects and the only way to fix it is by restarting it and then the connection may last for 30min. The modem also disconnects when downloading huge files and sometimes(rarely) when streaming long videos like movies.
This thread explains my problem: »SAGEMCOM F@ST 2864 Connection Issues..

As you guys here are saying I will try asking BELL to change my profile to one of the following.

Now, would changing the profile mean I would be giving up the speeds as well because I have 100% of the speeds advertised.

How would you be giving up the speed ?

annayya

join:2012-01-29
reply to rewket
I am currently on profile: v26944_20032_11328_2048_00011
I get very good speeds, 25 down and 10 up at ALL times when I am connected and its working fine.

My Issue is that whenever I try to download torrents the modem disconnects and the only way to fix it is by restarting it and then the connection may last for 30min. The modem also disconnects when downloading huge files and sometimes(rarely) when streaming long videos like movies.
This thread explains my problem: »SAGEMCOM F@ST 2864 Connection Issues..

As you guys here are saying I will try asking BELL to change my profile to one of the following.

Now, would changing the profile mean I would be giving up the speeds as well because I have 100% of the speeds advertised.

rewket
Premium
Longueuil, QC
reply to masif
Reply from 4.2.2.2: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=55

no interleave

deekay0

join:2001-12-23
Toronto, ON
reply to masif
said by masif:

Honestly speaking, it seems to me that ping times have improved

Pinging to 4.2.2.2, avg response time is 32ms.

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 37ms, Average = 32ms

--- 4.2.2.2 ping statistics ---
27 packets transmitted, 27 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 20.362/20.852/21.482/0.295 ms

What about a ping to google.ca (74.125.226.88)?
--- google.ca ping statistics ---
54 packets transmitted, 54 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 5.680/6.223/7.471/0.374 ms

I guess 10ms isn't that big of a deal, but it just seems technically wrong to use an interleave profile if the line is clean and the problem is related to something else.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to masif
The profile that worked for us was the one that ends in 81111. (15/10 Service)

If you have this problem the issue is big packets don't go through. You'll find that pings will work up to 135bytes. Hopefully you guys can find a profile that works :^)

I wonder exactly how widespread this problem is - it was on both lines that I had.

Drecca

join:2012-11-21
reply to masif
my ping times to WoW have increased by about 10ms. Nothing to fret over. Have not used this long enough to determine if it fixes my latency issues in WoW and voip calls (robot voice syndrome)

masif

join:2012-08-19
Mississauga, ON
reply to deekay0
Honestly speaking, it seems to me that ping times have improved

Pinging to 4.2.2.2, avg response time is 32ms.

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 37ms, Average = 32ms

rewket
Premium
Longueuil, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to masif
i still get the same problem after having contacted live support, phone support and direct forum(who said he changed my profile)

it's total bullshit as i have had bell for many years and have had the lowest ping of everyone i know and fastest speed for my profile as well. I would not accept being put on interleave while having an awesome phone line that definitely doesnt require it. This is all on bell's side.

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
GTA Canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to deekay0
Pardon my interjection but all the profiles for VDSL2 are interleaved to some degree. Apparently there are 5 levels from low to high so most likely and hopefully his profile would be the lowest level and would introduce a small amount of latency. The interleave profiles on ADSL were very much greater than these and would introduce about 40 ms.
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

deekay0

Toronto, ON
reply to masif
said by masif:

Yeah, not a single disconnect since 11-Dec, 10 days of non-disruptive service

My problem is gone.

Glad to hear that you have fixed your issue!

Do you know if the profile you were put on is an interleave profile? Have you noticed that your ping times have gone up?

Thanks

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
GTA Canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to masif
I have to say I asked Darryl from the Direct forum that very same question and he says that Bell is addressing the issue. He didn't say exactly how or when it would be fixed but they know about it...sorry for the vague answer but he couldn't give me a definite one.
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

kovy

reply to themisa
said by themisa:

I am also with Teksavvy. Bell updated the firmware on the Cellpipe and the restarts are now gone, but that's besides the point.

Sagemcom issue clearly exists. It's hard to demonstrate to tech support since it doesn't affect ping and in some cases disappears in the time it takes to reach support, i.e. 30min.

How do we get Bell to address this globally?

Both the Cellpipe and Sagemcom had this problem for me. How to fix this globally, no idea.

themisa

reply to kovy
I am also with Teksavvy. Bell updated the firmware on the Cellpipe and the restarts are now gone, but that's besides the point.

Sagemcom issue clearly exists. It's hard to demonstrate to tech support since it doesn't affect ping and in some cases disappears in the time it takes to reach support, i.e. 30min.

How do we get Bell to address this globally?

kovy

reply to deekay0
said by deekay0:

said by themisa:

This ping works but browsing doesn't issue is Sagemcom specific.
Issue was definitely 'fixed' for me by switching over to a spare Cellpipe modem.

I also find that the CellPipe is a bit more stable. However, it seems that the CellPipe loses sync instead of the "ping works but browsing doesn't" issue that the Sagemcom had. At least the CellPipe self recovers quickly within a minute or two.

EDIT: some more background info and my two cents. I have TekSavvy 25/7 (obviously through Bell) and had stable service for quite some time. After a while I started suffering from almost daily DSL sync losses. I was sent a new Sagemcom modem and then discovered this "can ping but can't browse" issue. Between the two issues, the CellPipe modem's symptoms are easier to deal with. I suspect some change on Bell's equipment which is manifesting as these two different issues for these two different modems.

Well that depends since the Cellpipe firmware for wholesales was garbage would restart on its own. Some people tested without even pluggin the DSL.

deekay0

Toronto, ON

1 edit
reply to themisa
said by themisa:

Issue was definitely 'fixed' for me by switching over to a spare Cellpipe modem.

I also find that the CellPipe is a bit more stable. However, it seems that the CellPipe loses sync instead of the "ping works but browsing doesn't" issue that the Sagemcom had. At least the CellPipe self recovers quickly within a minute or two.

EDIT: some more background info and my two cents. I have TekSavvy 25/7 (obviously through Bell) and had stable service for quite some time. After a while I started suffering from almost daily DSL sync losses. I was sent a new Sagemcom modem and then discovered this "can ping but can't browse" issue. Between the two issues, the CellPipe modem's symptoms are easier to deal with. I suspect some change on Bell's equipment which is manifesting as these two different issues for these two different modems.

themisa

reply to urbang33k

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
reply to ruggs
said by ruggs:

Also the limited time we're there, the problem may not rear its ugly head...

Thats just it, we can't be expected to wait around all day incase it MIGHT go for a crap.

I love to know if it's tied to Alcatel or Lucent equipment. Or a specific revision of one of the slot cards.
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario
reply to Glen1
I believe not all profiles work for everyone, as techs we're SUPPOSED to do a 'final test' but a lot of times this doesn't happen... Also the limited time we're there, the problem may not rear its ugly head...