spc
uniqs
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to psujim

to psujim

Re: Digital Preferred Triple Play Question

Well there are Digital Preferred X3 bundles, & then there are Digital Preferred HD X3 bundles; are you sure you were (specifically) put on an HD bundle? If not, then that's probably why you are now being charged for an HD/DVR fee. You need to look at your bill & see specifically how your pkg is spelled out on it.

If you are truly on an HD bundle, then you should NOT be charged the "HD access" portion of the DVR fee, & in fact charged only the difference to have your primary outlet upgraded to a DVR box. (otherwise, an HD non-DVR box IS included with this type of pkg)

I'm on an HD Preferred bundle, & when I upgraded to it, they did include the DVR for FREE for the 1st 3 months; after that, I am now being charged an extra $8 for the DVR on the primary outlet - but I am NOT being charged anything above that for HD access.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Click for full size
First two Triple Play offers for Reading, PA area
Here are the first 2 Triple Play offers that are currently shown for the Reading, PA area for new customers. The Starter one is the only one that does not say "HD service included."

Not sure what the offers were when the OP first signed up.

psujim
join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA

psujim to dishrich

to dishrich
said by dishrich:

Well there are Digital Preferred X3 bundles, & then there are Digital Preferred HD X3 bundles; are you sure you were (specifically) put on an HD bundle? If not, then that's probably why you are now being charged for an HD/DVR fee. You need to look at your bill & see specifically how your pkg is spelled out on it.

If you are truly on an HD bundle, then you should NOT be charged the "HD access" portion of the DVR fee, & in fact charged only the difference to have your primary outlet upgraded to a DVR box. (otherwise, an HD non-DVR box IS included with this type of pkg)

I'm on an HD Preferred bundle, & when I upgraded to it, they did include the DVR for FREE for the 1st 3 months; after that, I am now being charged an extra $8 for the DVR on the primary outlet - but I am NOT being charged anything above that for HD access.

I decided to look closer at my bill. I am shown on a Preferred XF for $149.99 and not a Preferred HD XF. I had been on a Premier HD XF when I first signed up and decided to drop the premium channels when my package expired. I'm guessing that was where the mistake was made and they just caught it now.

Telcodad, any idea what the regular monthly price is on that Preferred HD XF package is?
psujim

psujim

Nevermind Telcodad. I see it is $159.99/month. So it's $10 more but includes the HD service on the first box and also Starz, which we don't currently have.