uniqs
cell14
join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL

cell14 to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704

Re: [General] Google voice going paid?

said by PX Eliezer704:

Having a merchant agreement with a credit card company myself, I know that the fees are absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed. It's time for a new payment system which keeps the convenience and SECURITY of a CC payment.
BTW, number of people incl. myself signed up with Localphone BECAUSE they offered a 1$ payments, I would not have paid $ 25.- up front. There is a huge difference between pre paid and post paid. So that certainly works well for them.
Now I indeed pay in 5 or 10 $ increments and I would even pay more I just do not want to loose more money to possible SIP scammers/scanners. They do not take AMEX though, which I hate but understand.
One way around this issue would be charging transaction surcharges for established customers who choose very small payments.
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan

Premium Member

said by cell14:

One way around this issue would be charging transaction surcharges for established customers who choose very small payments.

And then you'd have customers up in arms and complaining to visa/mastercard/paypal about you passing on the transaction fee to them (something you can't do according to most merchant agreements). We have some vendors who charge transaction fees and to be honest I don't like it - I understand it, but still don't like it anyway because I feel like they're advertising one price and charging another. Not something I'd want to put my users through.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

said by nitzan:

And then you'd have customers up in arms and complaining to visa/mastercard/paypal about you passing on the transaction fee to them (something you can't do according to most merchant agreements). We have some vendors who charge transaction fees and to be honest I don't like it - I understand it, but still don't like it anyway because I feel like they're advertising one price and charging another. Not something I'd want to put my users through.

Indeed I have the same problem with some vendors and also despise the practice. If you want to charge 3% for taking my payment, just make the pricing 3% higher and don't charge that fee.

Especially when the processing fee applies equally to credit, PayPal, and direct deposit / wire transfers.