spc
uniqs

SlipperyPete
@27.100.17.x

SlipperyPete to bandwidth

Anon

to bandwidth

Re: [BC] Bill C-11

Well Shaw best not follow telus, as again there will be a mass Exodus to Teksavvy or the likes, as it was for the UBB...fiasco
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

said by SlipperyPete :

Well Shaw best not follow telus, as again there will be a mass Exodus to Teksavvy or the likes, as it was for the UBB...fiasco

Telus followed shaw. IE the new caps are identical to shaw's current caps. I suppose I see what you mean. If shaw want's to lower them further and they think telus fill follow suit, it could start a vicous trend to what they have out east.

shaw
@shawcable.net

shaw

Anon

I read somewhere yesterday that Shaw submitted some sort of opinion regarding the bill c11 to the legislative committee and it wants the government to give them time to implement an automated system for the infringement complaints. They apparently are receiving thousands of infringement complaints every year and cannot manage them all at the same time...
shaw

shaw

Anon

Found it:

»www.parl.gc.ca/Content/H ··· nc.E.pdf

on page 4 of the PDF says:

First, ISPs are not given any time to design and implement the automated notice
processing systems that will be required in order to comply with the requirements
of the Bill; and
Drum
join:2009-05-06

1 edit

Drum to shaw

to shaw
I suggest everyone reads points 21 and 27 from this document:

»www.parl.gc.ca/Content/H ··· nc.E.pdf

They will fine the ISPs that don't comply with all of this mumbo jumbo, which means all of this is happening...

Baud1200
join:2003-02-10

Baud1200

It will only happen if we the people let it. Us sitting here behind PC's and preaching to the quire sadly wont make much of a difference.

We need to make the average Joe user aware of whats happening because the bought off presstitute mainstream media will not explain the full details to them until its too late.

"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
Frederick Douglass

CapsCaps
@shawcable.net

CapsCaps to zod5000

Anon

to zod5000
Shaw's cap on their 50 meg service is 400gig, isn't Telus 250gig?
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

said by CapsCaps :

Shaw's cap on their 50 meg service is 400gig, isn't Telus 250gig?

No the 250 gig cap is on their 25mbps package. (which matches shaw). Their 50mbps package is on a soft launch so I don't think the details are on the website yet. It's a good bet its 400gigs as they seem content to clone shaw's caps.

On the flipside Telus hasn't started to enforce caps yet....