spc
uniqs

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to anonyalag

Premium Member

to anonyalag

Re: $95 for upgrading DSL speed? Really now?

Unfortunately yes, that is correct. (although not all techs perform a blessing)

The $95.00 activation fee is charged to us by Bell regardless of whether the customer may already have service. And yes, if you have service already dispatch will still be required (2 separate technicians between the hours of 12 and 9)

Regards,
Keith

Pennyarcades
@start.ca

Pennyarcades

Anon

If thats the case, then how is Distributel able to do it for a $29 dollar activation fee?
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by Pennyarcades :

If thats the case, then how is Distributel able to do it for a $29 dollar activation fee?

They eat the other $65.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith
said by TSI Keith:

Unfortunately yes, that is correct. (although not all techs perform a blessing)

The $95.00 activation fee is charged to us by Bell regardless of whether the customer may already have service. And yes, if you have service already dispatch will still be required (2 separate technicians between the hours of 12 and 9)

Regards,
Keith

I'd dispute the charge if the blessing wasn't performed :P

The whole forced "full install" is a load of crap. As far as I'm concerned, if it's good to the DEMARC then the ISP should be able to take it from there. If they want to contract with Telcon or another contractor, or send their own technician, then so be it.

The Commission needs to re-visit that part of the decision.
Expand your moderator at work
UnixMan0
join:2012-10-14

UnixMan0 to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith

Re: $95 for upgrading DSL speed? Really now?

...required (2 separate technicians between the hours of 12 and 9)

Here is a small correction, Keith: it requires 4 separate technicians because of MLPPP, which is unfortunately so stupid

As for OP I would recommend to be very very patient. In my case the switch took more than 2 weeks because those technicians never showed up. And If you call TekSavvy after that they of course will open a ticket with the warning that you may pay $87 for this service which is again so stupid and makes customers piss off because it wasn't their fault at all.

After all this crap happened to me only one adequate technician finally showed up, listened to my story, told me what he personally thinks about these companies by spinning a finger around his temple, entered my house and did all job including VDSL signal validation on both lines I have. It took for him like ~10 minutes in total.