1 edit

Pacquiao goes down.

Pacquiao got knocked out hard.

Lex Luthor
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY
kudos:3

Great fight. Vicious knockout. He was out cold for a while.

Retired
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 edits
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

Yep.....Pac got dropped like a bad transmission !

»espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/87···th-round

TCO1962
Premium
join:2001-07-02
Champaign, IL
reply to Lex Luthor

said by Lex Luthor:

Great fight. Vicious knockout. He was out cold for a while.

The first time he got clocked (knocked on his ass) was a wicked power shot I thought. The knockout was a classic "walked right into it/got caught right on the button" shot.

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass
kudos:2

Click for full size

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Fir_Na_Tine

"PACQUIAO VS. MARQUEZ 4" PLAY-BY-PLAY:

147 lbs.: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez

Round one: Both men land straights early. One-one-two from Manny falls short. JMM to the body. Marquez flurries as Manny steps in. Good left straight from Pacquiao. Marquez jabs to the body. Marquez lands a good counter left as Manny comes in. Both swing hard but hit air. Marquez hits the body, Pacquiao goes upstairs with his left. That was a damn, damn close round; 10-9 Pacquiao in my book.

Round two: Pacquiao's left misses, as do Marquez's counters. Lots of feinting. Pacquiao with a right hook. Left straight to the body. Lead left from Manny connects, Marquez gets an uppercut counter out of it. Big left hand from Manny, Marquez eats it like a boss. Marquez with a right to the body. Good jab from Manny. Marquez thumps the body with a counter, then gets a left hook. Manny touches the body with his left. One-one-two lands for Marquez, right to the body. Manny did better work early, Marquez had a good last thirty seconds. One for Pac-man, 20-18.

Round three: Marquez's traps are insane.

Left hook from Marquez. Manny with a solid jab. Good one-two from Manny and a lead left. Stiff jab. Marquez to the body. Once again. HUGE OVERHAND RIGHT FROM MARQUEZ CRUSHES MANNY! Manny's up but that was a HARD knockdown. Marquez lands it again. JMM to the body. Once again. Manny's lead left hand connects. Marquez rips to the body and they trade hard to end the round. 10-8 Marquez, all tied up at 28-28.

Round four: Both fighters are tentative to start the fourth. Jab from Manny. Both land their rights. Good left hand from Manny. Marquez with a solid right downstairs. Nice counter jab from JMM. Manny with a lead left off a Marquez jab. Manny with a solid combination. Lead left. Marquez to the body. JMM stings Manny to end a round that Manny was stealing; 38-37 Marquez.

Round five: Manny with a tight right hook. Stiff jab from JMM. Manny's straight left connects. Short body shot from JMM and another stiff jab. Counter left by Marquez. Manny's straight left connects and down goes Marquez! Not a hard knockdown, but glove hit canvas. Marquez stings Manny after he gets up! They're trading bombs! Both men land their power hands .Lead left for Pacquiao and both guys sting each other at once with power shots. Pacquiao in pursuit! They're throwing like crazy! Manny's lead left connects again. Manny ends the round bombing Marquez in the corner. Holy shit. 10-8, 47-46 Pacquiao.

Round six: Right hook connects for Manny. Snapping jab from Marquez. Big left hands from Pacquiao, Marquez flurries in response. Two-one for Manny. Again. One-two this time, Marquez to the body in response. Manny with a lead left. Marquez with a right to the body, left downstairs and a glancing right upstairs. Marquez jab. Pacquiao with a great flurry at the ten-second marl. OH MY FUCKING GOD MARQUEZ HAS KNOCKED MANNY PACQUIAO OUT FUCKING COLD AT THE BELL. OH MY FUCKING GOD.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

Click for full size
What a shot to end it.........Manny was dominating too,unreal.

IIIBradIII
Comm M-E-L Instr

join:2000-09-28
Greer, SC
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

Why is it that I can never find replays of these fights? I get it that they want money for live PPV, but I'd even pay for a replay if it was reasonable.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

I watched a torrent.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to Fir_Na_Tine

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=TONdUS_mYdg

IIIBradIII
Comm M-E-L Instr

join:2000-09-28
Greer, SC

Awesome - thanks! Not sure why I couldn't find that on my own, but that's exactly what I was looking for.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..

1 edit
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

The new grossly obvious muscle development on 38 year old Marquez combined with an increase in speed and power was incredibly obvious. Forget about something as subjective as speed and power. The guy was cut unlike any time in his past. Don't believe it go to youtube and check out any of his fights with Pacquiao before or with Mayweather.

However, the accuracy of the knockout punch was all technical skill by Marquez and bad luck for Pacquiao as he got hit flush with a full power as he was stepping toward it and plus from the angle he was to the punch, even though it was a straight right hand it Manny in the same manner and angle of trajectory of a hook to the jaw or side of the head with full force.

TCO1962
Premium
join:2001-07-02
Champaign, IL

said by Blogger:

However, the accuracy of the knockout punch was all technical skill by Marquez and bad luck for Pacquiao has he got hit flush with a full power has he was stepping toward it and plus from the angle he was to the punch, even though it was a straight right hand it Manny in the same manner and angle of trajectory of a hook to the jaw or side of the head with full force.

I don't think it was so much of a power shot as it was unfortunate luck for Manny.
There was a LOT of luck going on with that knockout punch for sure. Manny was doing "well" and walked right into that one. Caught it "right on the button" as we use to say. Not a "fan" of either fighter but a fan of quality boxing.

The first knockdown Manny received was a bomb and a half.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

Naw, it was karma. He became a Protestant (previously a Catholic) prior to the fight. Mommy knows best.

»www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow···94.story

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..

said by capdjq:

Naw, it was karma. He became a Protestant (previously a Catholic) prior to the fight. Mommy knows best.

I guess it's lucky for both of them that they don't live in Northern Ireland. Shrug.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

Haha, yeah religion is the problem....

It's funny how brainwashed some people are...
--

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie

That's as good an excuse as any I guess.

You could also say meeting with Mitt Romney prior to the fight contributed as well. Romney’s losing mojo rubbed off on Pac Man, causing him to lose (or win, as this sets up Pacquiao-Marquez V).

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

My wife heard somewhere that the Marquez camp was probably going to call the fight in the next round as he was having trouble breathing because Pac was putting a good beating on his face. Just goes to show what 2 seconds means.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix