share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Got DSTWO, but MicroSD slot defective now

I emailed the vendor, but when I try to plug a MicroSD card into the DSTWO cart, after 5 times plugging and unplugging, now it won't click and lock in place. Is this a common problem?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 edit

So I resorted to using tape to hold the MicroSD cards in the cart and now 2 MicroSD cards are also no good. I thought they were fried, but I cracked them.

Lessons learned.

I sure hope the vendor takes care of this reasonably. I can't really swing the cost of another one.

Also, it wasn't playing AVIs/movies or working with PDFs the way it was supposed to. I don't know if it was because of the fact that I am using a DSi rather than a 3DS, or if the cart is defective.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo

Update:

I sent the DSTWO back, it took 10 days to reach them (USPS First Class with confirmation) and I contacted them because neither USPS nor them indicated it had even left the sort center near me. They replied (I'm impressed that they did) that they have it and that they will process it shortly. Their site still doesn't show it recieved and now it is Christmas Eve (nearly).

I figure if they replace it (why wouldn't they?) it will be up to two more weeks before I get it the way things are going and the holidays.

Vendor seems pretty good though, so far. At least they replied to instead of keeping me in the dark, though why they haven't processed it yet I don't know (it got there Thurs, it is Sun). I just want the replacement headed back here before New Year's.

In the mean time, I've got more learning on how to use the emulators on it and the cheats, which I couldn't get to work before the thing stopped working.

Also, a tried an AVI and that didn't work, but music works.

A question, however, on music: The volume isn't very loud and I had it turned all the way up (MP3s). Is that a designed limitation? Maybe I need different impedence earbuds...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.