spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mast3

@direcway.com

How much are you guys able to download in 1 night during...

unlimited 5hr free zone with exede? I have hughes with home package and only get 120KBp/s DL speed. So during hughes 5hr zone I get about 2GB per night.

I heard exede not only have the 5hr unlimted zone but has much faster speeds even on the basic package? What type of speeds are we talking about? If you guys are getting 500KBp/s or faster Im going to make the switch. that would be like 7GB a night! I could actually get some fun stuff download with that. So what kind of speeds do you get with exede12 (which site says im eligible for)

the 10GB monthly normal hrs limit is irrelevant to me. I only care about unlimited zone.

wm4bama

join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

It depends on where you live, if you get the Exede5 or Exede12 beams...

Exede5 (5mbs) customers are getting closer to 10-12mbs and I (with Exede12) get closer to 20mbs..

Put your zip code in here and see what you can get:

»www.wildblue.com/
--
Exede12, ViaSat-1, beam 342, Albuquerque Gateway, Denver AcceleNet servers

noadfasdfads

@opera-mini.net

said by wm4bama:

It depends on where you live, if you get the Exede5 or Exede12 beams...

Exede5 (5mbs) customers are getting closer to 10-12mbs and I (with Exede12) get closer to 20mbs..

Put your zip code in here and see what you can get:

»www.wildblue.com/

OP said Exede 12. Exede5 speeds are less than 1/3 that in some places.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

said by noadfasdfads :

YMMV, but last night around 1 AM on Exede 5, I downloaded a Youtube video, 129 MegaBytes, and once it got going, it was running between 2 and 3 megabytes per second (16 to 24 Mbps-megabits per second), as based upon Microsoft's meter.

In Midwest, where I am located, most folks go to bed after midnight, on a Saturday night.

mast3

@direcway.com
reply to mast3

So exede can seriously download 1MBps even with the cheapest 10GB a month plan? So what you guys are saying is you can get 15GB+ a night during the free zone???

If so why would anyone use hughes!?!? Someone please confirm these speeds are true. sounds too good to be true.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

said by mast3 :

So exede can seriously download 1MBps even with the cheapest 10GB a month plan?

»[Exede] File Download: Windows 8

»/r0/download/2···down.png

Note - I doubt if speeds higher than 20 Mbps sustained are possible...but again, YMMV, depending upon number of folks online.

marsh_0x

join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI
reply to DrStrangLov

said by DrStrangLov:

said by noadfasdfads :

In Midwest, where I am located, most folks go to bed after midnight, on a Saturday night.

Speak for yourself haha

Since I also have HN 9000 and Exede for 9 flawless months I mostly trust HN speed site and get almost always 15-16kb/s.
Rarely a congestion of minutes only down to 13,000kb/s.
Many months ago one time for 2 hours was down to 8,000kb/s, imagine that.

TMN shows higher 18-22Mb/s I believe is not so but gives me that warm all over fuzzy feeling.

No LNFZ with Dish Network or will be but the tech said go for it 24/7 we are not monitoring because Exede has the capacity so enjoy all you want, precious.

Not a heavy down loader had 6GB remaining on the 15GB plan, tho only paying for the basic plan.

Hurts to read the community and the beta groups just can't say much, but do I really care.
Gen4 is hurting bad and NOT because of congestion, that is the comedy statement of the year from HN.
Then give them the run a round with calls and case numbers, boggles my mind.
Hmm sister birds and been proven to me.

EDIT: all plans are 12mb/s unlike HN comedy

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 edit
reply to mast3

Hughes also has a new faster service which is advertised as 10mbps-15mbps. Although it appears no one is actually getting anywhere near those speeds and Hughes has done away with the unlimited downloads at night on Gen4.

said by marsh_0x:

Hurts to read the community and the beta groups just can't say much, but do I really care.
Gen4 is hurting bad and NOT because of congestion, that is the comedy statement of the year from HN.
Then give them the run a round with calls and case numbers, boggles my mind.
Hmm sister birds and been proven to me.

Are they really still blaming it on congestion? That has to be nearly impossible. Unless it is happening on the ground. But that should be a fairly quick fix. Back haul on the ground is easy to scale when you are a company the size of HughesNet.

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
reply to mast3

If Exede-12 operates as advertised, 12 Mb/s, then one could download 25 GB (gigabytes) in 5 hours.

I am still using Wildblue Value Pack, but in October Wildblue increased my download speed to 3 Mb/s during off peak times and 1 Mb/s during prime time. During the flat line on November 30, I downloaded 8 GB. That is an average download speed of 810 kb/s for 23 hours. From 1 am to 5 am, the download speed was constantly 3 Mb/s. Both Exede-5 and Exede-12 are faster than what I get.
--
Wildblue Value Pack, beam 31, Riverside gateway

Abyss1992

join:2012-08-18
Walton, WV
reply to mast3

i get around 7-8GB a night when im working very heavy but i don't have the speeds other Exede costumers have i used to back before the DAP Enforcement i got 1MB/s on a torrent during that time and got 4GB in a hour

thurstondaro

join:2012-12-22
Sparta, WI
reply to mast3

I am an Exede retailer and it really is apple to oranges when compared to wildblule

jpgr
WAR

join:2011-08-18
Clyde, OH
reply to mast3

I download games of steam and I downloaded shogun 2 16 gb in 2 hours a steady 2-2.6mb download speed so my speeds are around 16-18mb download ! . I could down load shogun twice plus another 8 gb games !