uniqs
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG

Re: NZBMatrix is dead

said by TOPDAWG:

well I've no downloaded on it as of yet so maybe they purged all accounts not that active in a few weeks. are you a vip if you don't mind me asking.

they'll open back up they want more vip's paying them a fee.

im thinking the same re nzb.su. I havent logged in for a couple weeks now and poof. Interestingly, they have a redirect to register for a different site listed. wierd.
unoriginal
Premium Member
join:2000-07-12
San Diego, CA

unoriginal to bryn987

Premium Member

to bryn987
said by bryn987:

binseach and nzbtvseeker are full of brand new shows that are incomplete. I miss matrix already

The indexers have nothing to do with a file being complete or not on usenet. That lies entirely with you news provider. Personally I think Astraweb is having propagation issues again like they did a couple weeks ago.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to TOPDAWG

Premium Member

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

well I've no downloaded on it as of yet so maybe they purged all accounts not that active in a few weeks. are you a vip if you don't mind me asking.

they'll open back up they want more vip's paying them a fee.

No, and they disabled me from going VIP too.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to TOPDAWG

MVM

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

well what would worry about if they sold out is they got your details if you paid to join and did they save all your searches and what you downloaded as they could turn all that over.

So you only worry about that now that they are shut down? I would have thought the time to worry about such a thing was when you signed up, or when you paid, or when you downloaded the NZB.
sandman_1
join:2011-04-23

sandman_1

said by cdru:

said by TOPDAWG:

well what would worry about if they sold out is they got your details if you paid to join and did they save all your searches and what you downloaded as they could turn all that over.

So you only worry about that now that they are shut down? I would have thought the time to worry about such a thing was when you signed up, or when you paid, or when you downloaded the NZB.

No one should worry about it. Downloading a xml (NZB) file, the last time I checked, wasn't illegal.
bryn987
join:2009-01-13
Antioch, TN

bryn987 to unoriginal

to unoriginal
bryn987

bryn987 to unoriginal

to unoriginal
said by unoriginal:

said by bryn987:

binseach and nzbtvseeker are full of brand new shows that are incomplete. I miss matrix already

The indexers have nothing to do with a file being complete or not on usenet. That lies entirely with you news provider. Personally I think Astraweb is having propagation issues again like they did a couple weeks ago.

then what do the red numbers mean on their website that say incomplete and when I try to dl the file, I get articles not found mixed in with good articles?

that never happened with nzbmatrix

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to DDR4040

Premium Member

to DDR4040
I love working with fellow highly technical sys admins. We'll just set up our own private service.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to unoriginal

Premium Member

to unoriginal
said by unoriginal:

Just so I'm clear, the incompletes showing up on binsearch are due to the uploader's service having propagation issues, is that correct?
sandman_1
join:2011-04-23

sandman_1

said by El Quintron:

said by unoriginal:

Just so I'm clear, the incompletes showing up on binsearch are due to the uploader's service having propagation issues, is that correct?

Yep there is definitely something wrong with posting. Most people use Astraweb to post and I think they are having major problems yet again. Another reason why I think Astraweb is going down hill fast.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by unoriginal:

Yes, another propagation issue last night coming out of Astra as can be seen from binsearch around that time (lots of red numbers for christmas time). Starting to get really old.
komal
join:2003-02-16

2 edits

komal to DDR4040

to DDR4040
Well, I had a Newzbin account which was by far the most complete service when it was up, then it closed. I figured, oh well, still have Nzbmatrix for certain stuff, now its closed.

Any every site closed their registrations.

At this point, might just have to set up Newznab just to index the TV content/groups.

Pretty odd timing on Nzbmatrix's move though.

I really hate searching through headers again, I'd have to install something like Newsleecher instead of using Grabit.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to DDR4040

Premium Member

to DDR4040
I like all the NZB sites closing for new users. do they really think for a min the copy right folks did not makes accounts on those sites weeks or months ago? They can all still be reported to paypal to stop payments.

Martinus
Premium Member
join:2001-08-06
EU

Martinus to komal

Premium Member

to komal
said by komal:

At this point, might just have to set up Newznab just to index the TV content/groups.

I've also been thinking about it, but how does Newznab cope with posts where the subject is gibberish as seen in most of the posts here - »www.binsearch.info/brows ··· ltimedia

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to cdru

Premium Member

to cdru
i mean someone may worry I don't give a crap myself.
beecue
join:2004-12-28
Beverly Hills, CA

beecue to bryn987

to bryn987
haha I'm loving the shutdown. This is going to weed out so many people.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

2 recommendations

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

why no reason to hate on others cause they want it easy. hell I can do my own searching and I want it easy.

technick
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
Wheat Ridge, CO

technick to DDR4040

Premium Member

to DDR4040
I setup an instance of newznab+ last night and am starting to play with it. Some of the regex's that come with the paid version are crap from what I can tell. My initial impression is not great, it seems like the developers have tried to add more features than what is necessary of an indexer. A good example, it automatically tries to pull full descriptions and ratings of tv shows down with each release it finds instead of just adding links for additional info. If it can't find additional information, it might flag the release as not being legit and trash the results.

If anyone wants in that can assist with this, we can make it a split ownership project. Its currently being hosted on ESX platform in Atlanta at a friends house. If enough people want to dig in on this and split the cost, maybe move it to the cloud?
yabos
London, ON

yabos

How much space and bandwidth does it take up to index a few active groups?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I did 1 day's retention for about 30 groups and it was 300MB. I'm in the process of backilling to 30 days right now and probably further for more.
yabos
London, ON

yabos

Thanks not too bad then

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
hm sounds interesting I may try it for the hell of it. was it pretty easy?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I'm a professional Linux/Unix Systems Administrator. I don't think I could answer that without bias.

It was relatively easy and the spots that hung up, they handed out commands to dish out.
det427
Premium Member
join:2004-01-31
Santa Rosa, CA

2 edits

det427

Premium Member

Here is an open indexer:
»newz.keagaming.com/register
or
»usenet.elit3ge.net/register
or
»nn.networkbroadcast.co.uk/

HonEkut
join:2002-03-19
Scotch Plains, NJ

HonEkut to DDR4040

to DDR4040
Seems NZBsRus is up !

»www.nzbsrus.com/index.php
komal

komal

said by HonEkut:

Seems NZBsRus is up !

»www.nzbsrus.com/index.php

Thanks for the tip.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to HonEkut

Premium Member

to HonEkut
yeah but you got to be a vip to download anything.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

said by TOPDAWG:

yeah but you got to be a vip to download anything.

That's not a biggie. But they only accept bitcoins, which is a deal-breaker for most.

scooby
Premium Member
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL

scooby

Premium Member

Start your own indexer. All the cool kids are doing it.

newznab+ FTW
BobbyJ
join:2012-12-11
Keller, TX

BobbyJ to DDR4040

to DDR4040

I had to make an account for this. When Newzbin went down I went right to Nzbmatrix. I haven't been lost in a long time. Is the only point of indexing for when you're looking for something that's been up awhile? I haven't manually searched for anything in a long time (very rarely). I've been using NewsLeecher since version 1 way back and I've always had supersearch paid for.

Mostly I would just use Newzbin and then Nzbmatrix in the mornings to search for the shows I watch since my wife sucks up the dang dvr all the time with House Hunters and crap like that.

With Movies, I know I can keep up with videoeta.com as far as what has been release or will be released. I'm not sure of how to see that with TV shows. I mean like what I need is a quick list of "what was on TV last night - or posted in the last 24 hours" without all the crap.

OK so I'm weird and mainly watch SciFi type shows but I also listen to a lot of country music. Like, last night some American Country award show was on Fox I think it was, or maybe NBC (wife had the DVR blocked out of course). If NZBMatrix had been up that would have been simple. With Newsleecher Super Search, I don't see it. I've been doing this long enough to know that an award show would be up by now.

(not that I watch but going by memory from last night) - that Michael Bouble (sp? whatever) had a christmas special on last night, and I know the Voice was on last night. Those are all missing as well but I see Hawaii 5-0 and How I Met Your Mother.

Right now I've trying Superseach against 1 day with size filters from 1,000,000 KB - 2,000,000 KB to try to narrow things down to h.264 size files for 40 minute tv shows.