uniqs
share rss forum feed

AndrewW

join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to metalhawk

Re: NZBMatrix is dead

Luckily for me I never bookmarked but placed these nzbs in a separate folder to be downloaded later. Well, I guess later has finally arrived and I will now attempt to download them. Hopefully they haven't all been DMCA'd.

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
said by AndrewW:

Luckily for me I never bookmarked but placed these nzbs in a separate folder to be downloaded later. Well, I guess later has finally arrived and I will now attempt to download them. Hopefully they haven't all been DMCA'd.

I still have a few .nzb files laying around. Though not all of them. Some from nzbmatrix, newzbin, and newsleecher supersearch.

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to DDR4040
I feel like my cat died.

Paramount, Sony, Disney, Fox, Universal, Warner Bros.: I hold you personally responsible.

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
reply to 90115534
said by 90115534:

said by AndrewW:

I still have a few .nzb files laying around. Though not all of them. Some from nzbmatrix, newzbin, and newsleecher supersearch.

If all these private member nzb sites remain closed we may have to start a nzb exchange. Hold on to your nzbs!!

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
said by AndrewW:

said by 90115534:

said by AndrewW:

If all these private member nzb sites remain closed we may have to start a nzb exchange. Hold on to your nzbs!!

Good idea!

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
reply to Wilsdom
said by Wilsdom:

I feel like my cat died.

Paramount, Sony, Disney, Fox, Universal, Warner Bros.: I hold you personally responsible.

I really don't see these movie companies benefiting much from the NZBMatrix shutdown given movies are really easy to get from Binsearch. Just now I averted a family crisis when the PVR screwed up and the last minute of a movie being shown went missing. It took me about ten seconds to find it on Binsearch and another 20 minutes to download. The ending has been seen and the crisis solved for now.

captnhook

join:2001-02-20
NY
reply to DDR4040
Perhaps there really is something to 12.21.12

bbq

join:2011-04-03
I was a long time Newzbin user, the site was just great, even stuck with Newzbin2 as the site functioned almost identically. Now with that and NZBMatrix gone in a matter of a week and a half, I'm suddenly looking around and seeing that I missed the boat on sites like DogNZB, and I had an account on nzb.su but it seems they purged it. I was however just able to create an account on nzbs.in, so if you're still looking you may want to try there. I guess I'll be using that and binsearch until more options open up.

fritz43
Premium
join:2004-03-14
reply to captnhook
Ancient Chinese saying (from when you guys were all in diapers): "The Internet interprets censorship as damage and simply routes around it."

All is not lost. Google is your friend.
--
Help stamp out hate; and haters.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to DDR4040
I still wonder if they was paid off. why did they list the company's who were having stuff removed. almost seemed like an ad for the take down company. Even removed the XXX site so I think it was more then just what they said.

It's that or they simply were not making as much money as they wanted or scared they may be sued soon.

Pirate515
Premium
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Wilsdom
said by Wilsdom:

I feel like my cat died.

My biggest regret is that I bought "The Dark Knight Rises" Blu-ray last week and already popped the shrink wrap, so it is no longer returnable. Had this happened before I unpacked it, it would be promptly going back to the store for a refund.
--
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies...
A MESSAGE to the RIAA and the MPAA: You shouldn't wound what you can't kill...

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX
reply to AndrewW
said by AndrewW:

said by 90115534:

said by AndrewW:

An NZB exchange sounds like a wonderful idea. Maybe something the lines of the protocol that Bitcoin uses, only data would be traded instead of virtual currency. Someone in the TorrentFreak article made just such a comment. I don't know if or how workable such a thing would be, though.
--
I, for one, welcome our new Computer Overlords.

Pirate515
Premium
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

I still wonder if they were paid off. Why did they list the companies who were having stuff removed. almost seemed like an ad for the take down company. Even removed the XXX site so I think it was more then just what they said.

It's that or they simply were not making as much money as they wanted or scared they may be sued soon.

Well, they were probably approached by MAFIAA offering them some $$$ to go away quietly or be defiant and get sued into oblivion. Can't blame them for taking the cash.

About not making enough money, you could be right here. But then again, NZBMatrix only required a one-time donation whereas NewzBin you had to replenish funds after certain time/usage.
--
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies...
A MESSAGE to the RIAA and the MPAA: You shouldn't wound what you can't kill...

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to DDR4040
OK maybe I'm dumb but on nzbdog on it's search you have to put in a title to search. Can you not just look at like all movies in the HD category?

No worries other sites will pop up when needed be funny if the pirate bay guys get into it.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to Pirate515
well what would worry about if they sold out is they got your details if you paid to join and did they save all your searches and what you downloaded as they could turn all that over.

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
I don't believe there is any infringement in downloading a NZB. I have plenty of NZBs from which I never downloaded the actual files. How would they prove you actually copyright infringed?

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
never stopped them before form taking people to court or demanding a settlement.

I got a big feelings they were paid off or were not making enough money now to be risked getting sued in the future. So take the pay off or enjoy the money you've already made. Someone said they had 300,000 members that is a lot money and running that site did not cost that much now so they made some big bucks.

The BS they put on the site about things being removed that is BS I had no issue getting the stuff and it's been going on for months and as long as they make money they don't care. It's all about the money.

The only thing I will miss is the auto search and cmts so if you know a file works right or has subs during parts where it's needed or you can learn if it works at all cause it may be broken. I will also miss the clear cut info about the file you was downloading exp I download Asian movies and sometimes I want the dub so searching the the manual sites will not give you all that info.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

OK maybe I'm dumb but on nzbdog on it's search you have to put in a title to search. Can you not just look at like all movies in the HD category?

Up at the top select "movies" use the pull down tab to select whatever res you want and it will run a non-title specific search.

Edit - if in you're profile you picked a specific resolution it will automatically be set to, say, HD. Hope that makes some sense.
--
#4 Orange had a ho-hummer against Monmouth. 7 players in double-figures led by C-W and Cooney with 15. C-W 3rd best assists in a single game @ 16. Next up on 12/15 Canisius.

bryn987

join:2009-01-13
Antioch, TN
reply to DDR4040
Just saw the message. Sad times

I have no other way to get NZB's either. Any help would be appreciated

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to kingdome74
thanks just search for 1 and it brings up everything. No worry folks someone will make a index site as good or better far to much money is in it for it to not happen.

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

never stopped them before form taking people to court or demanding a settlement.

I got a big feelings they were paid off or were not making enough money now to be risked getting sued in the future. So take the pay off or enjoy the money you've already made. Someone said they had 300,000 members that is a lot money and running that site did not cost that much now so they made some big bucks.

The BS they put on the site about things being removed that is BS I had no issue getting the stuff and it's been going on for months and as long as they make money they don't care. It's all about the money.

The only thing I will miss is the auto search and cmts so if you know a file works right or has subs during parts where it's needed or you can learn if it works at all cause it may be broken. I will also miss the clear cut info about the file you was downloading exp I download Asian movies and sometimes I want the dub so searching the the manual sites will not give you all that info.

They can try to sue all they want but they would have to have proof you downloaded it. All the successful cases I believe were torrents, which can reveal who the seeders are meaning copyright infringers by definition.

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
reply to bryn987
said by bryn987:

Just saw the message. Sad times

I have no other way to get NZB's either. Any help would be appreciated

Try here, »www.binsearch.info/

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
reply to Doctor Four
said by Doctor Four:

An NZB exchange sounds like a wonderful idea. Maybe something the lines of the protocol that Bitcoin uses, only data would be traded instead of virtual currency. Someone in the TorrentFreak article made just such a comment. I don't know if or how workable such a thing would be, though.

I'm glad you like the idea. It has a nice personal touch to it. If it doesn't work out perhaps you would be so kind as to allow us to borrow your TARDIS so we can all go back in time a day to download the NZBs we were always meaning to get but never quite got around to?

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DDR4040
You know we really are getting close to the perfect shit storm for content users. First, obviously, the MPAA/RIAA/etc is doing a great job of back dooring "piracy" by forcing indexing sites down which will lead to, second, the only route for online content especially if you want to cut the cord, is to use a paid service like netflix. Third the ISP's are moving to cap bandwidth usage even while they are exponentially upping the speed meaning it's going to cost one fuck of a lot of money for the customer. I've said all along every part of the process is intended to make it more expensive to use online content (pirated or not) than it would be to buy the CD or go to the mall theater. Can't sell that tub of popcorn for 11 bucks if you're not there.
--
#4 Orange had a ho-hummer against Monmouth. 7 players in double-figures led by C-W and Cooney with 15. C-W 3rd best assists in a single game @ 16. Next up on 12/15 Canisius.

sixthsense

join:2008-01-29
reply to DDR4040
I think it would be best to stop recommending or asking for alternatives. I mean this board is public for all to see. I already found mine and there is no way in hell they can take content down if they don't know what it is (if you know what I mean).

Not that I use any of those links mentioned earlier, but it would be in the best interest for everyone to delete the URLs in regards to other alternatives

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
copyright trolls already know all the alternatives so no use to pretend they don't. mind pming me the one you got just to see if it's so secret.

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
No kidding! I have read a couple of the complaints filed by copyright holders listed by chillingeffects.org and a typical complaint lists so many infringing sites many of which I never even heard of. Just check some of the complaints if you are looking for alternative providers.

watts3000

join:2002-01-21
These usenet providers need to come up with interfaces I never understood why more effort was not put in the area of interface design.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
because then they would get sued into the stone age. if a usernet company makes it super easy to download content and then makes it easy to search they will be taken to court in a heat beat.

Right now they can stand behind the deference well we just host files uploaded by random users we've no idea what they uploaded but if they help you search stuff out then boom they're done.

furlonium
Shut up baby, I know it

join:2002-05-08
Allentown, PA
reply to DDR4040
said by DDR4040:

I wonder how many people joined and paid the $10 fee last week after newzbin2 folded? Really sucks for them.

I paid the $10 not 2 months ago. DAMMIT. And this after finding out newzbin2 is dead as well.
--
My brother, Michael: "Kev, guess how fast my GTI topped out at?" "How fast?" "137." "Wow!" "Guess who else goes that fast?" "Who?" "Connecticut State Police."