share rss forum feed

AndrewW

join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to TOPDAWG

Re: NZBMatrix is dead

said by TOPDAWG:

never stopped them before form taking people to court or demanding a settlement.

I got a big feelings they were paid off or were not making enough money now to be risked getting sued in the future. So take the pay off or enjoy the money you've already made. Someone said they had 300,000 members that is a lot money and running that site did not cost that much now so they made some big bucks.

The BS they put on the site about things being removed that is BS I had no issue getting the stuff and it's been going on for months and as long as they make money they don't care. It's all about the money.

The only thing I will miss is the auto search and cmts so if you know a file works right or has subs during parts where it's needed or you can learn if it works at all cause it may be broken. I will also miss the clear cut info about the file you was downloading exp I download Asian movies and sometimes I want the dub so searching the the manual sites will not give you all that info.

They can try to sue all they want but they would have to have proof you downloaded it. All the successful cases I believe were torrents, which can reveal who the seeders are meaning copyright infringers by definition.

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
reply to bryn987
said by bryn987:

Just saw the message. Sad times

I have no other way to get NZB's either. Any help would be appreciated

Try here, »www.binsearch.info/

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
reply to Doctor Four
said by Doctor Four:

An NZB exchange sounds like a wonderful idea. Maybe something the lines of the protocol that Bitcoin uses, only data would be traded instead of virtual currency. Someone in the TorrentFreak article made just such a comment. I don't know if or how workable such a thing would be, though.

I'm glad you like the idea. It has a nice personal touch to it. If it doesn't work out perhaps you would be so kind as to allow us to borrow your TARDIS so we can all go back in time a day to download the NZBs we were always meaning to get but never quite got around to?

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DDR4040
You know we really are getting close to the perfect shit storm for content users. First, obviously, the MPAA/RIAA/etc is doing a great job of back dooring "piracy" by forcing indexing sites down which will lead to, second, the only route for online content especially if you want to cut the cord, is to use a paid service like netflix. Third the ISP's are moving to cap bandwidth usage even while they are exponentially upping the speed meaning it's going to cost one fuck of a lot of money for the customer. I've said all along every part of the process is intended to make it more expensive to use online content (pirated or not) than it would be to buy the CD or go to the mall theater. Can't sell that tub of popcorn for 11 bucks if you're not there.
--
#4 Orange had a ho-hummer against Monmouth. 7 players in double-figures led by C-W and Cooney with 15. C-W 3rd best assists in a single game @ 16. Next up on 12/15 Canisius.

sixthsense

join:2008-01-29
reply to DDR4040
I think it would be best to stop recommending or asking for alternatives. I mean this board is public for all to see. I already found mine and there is no way in hell they can take content down if they don't know what it is (if you know what I mean).

Not that I use any of those links mentioned earlier, but it would be in the best interest for everyone to delete the URLs in regards to other alternatives

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
copyright trolls already know all the alternatives so no use to pretend they don't. mind pming me the one you got just to see if it's so secret.

AndrewW

Toronto, ON
No kidding! I have read a couple of the complaints filed by copyright holders listed by chillingeffects.org and a typical complaint lists so many infringing sites many of which I never even heard of. Just check some of the complaints if you are looking for alternative providers.

watts3000

join:2002-01-21
These usenet providers need to come up with interfaces I never understood why more effort was not put in the area of interface design.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
because then they would get sued into the stone age. if a usernet company makes it super easy to download content and then makes it easy to search they will be taken to court in a heat beat.

Right now they can stand behind the deference well we just host files uploaded by random users we've no idea what they uploaded but if they help you search stuff out then boom they're done.

furlonium
Shut up baby, I know it

join:2002-05-08
Allentown, PA
reply to DDR4040
said by DDR4040:

I wonder how many people joined and paid the $10 fee last week after newzbin2 folded? Really sucks for them.

I paid the $10 not 2 months ago. DAMMIT. And this after finding out newzbin2 is dead as well.
--
My brother, Michael: "Kev, guess how fast my GTI topped out at?" "How fast?" "137." "Wow!" "Guess who else goes that fast?" "Who?" "Connecticut State Police."

watts3000

join:2002-01-21
reply to TOPDAWG
Thats a good point

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to DDR4040
bit pissed nzb.su killed my account oh well if they ever open invites someone send me one.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to 90115534
said by 90115534:

said by Archivis:

The best.

How are they the best?

Curious.

I just don't think we should talk about these things so much anymore. I'm sorry, it goes against what I've done to contribute to this site over the last ten years, but I don't really want this thing spoken about or getting popular anymore.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

wonder if they got paid off? odd they closed with no legal treats or anything. I had no issue getting everything on there just most people were morons. I'd guess they made some nice bank and just said enough. funny I had an account on nzb.su now it won't let me log-in.

I'm logged on.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
well I've no downloaded on it as of yet so maybe they purged all accounts not that active in a few weeks. are you a vip if you don't mind me asking.

they'll open back up they want more vip's paying them a fee.

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
reply to DDR4040
For people bitching and moaning, @19 seconds

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWCYv40Ur1g

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
HA whats funny was me and you talked about nzbmartix had to die so usenet would stay around.

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to AndrewW
said by AndrewW:

I really don't see these movie companies benefiting much from the NZBMatrix shutdown given movies are really easy to get from Binsearch. Just now I averted a family crisis when the PVR screwed up and the last minute of a movie being shown went missing. It took me about ten seconds to find it on Binsearch and another 20 minutes to download. The ending has been seen and the crisis solved for now.

Could also have been incomplete after 20 minutes because of a DMCA takedown through the provider, which is becoming more common. And don't expect Binsearch to be there the next time...

bryn987

join:2009-01-13
Antioch, TN
reply to DDR4040
binseach and nzbtvseeker are full of brand new shows that are incomplete. I miss matrix already

metalhawk

join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON
reply to bbq
News from NZBs.in:

quote:
Site is down.

We know, be patient it will come back soon.

But registration are closed and won't come back soon.
I'm glad I didn't waste time creating an account there earlier. So I'm in fairly good shape with an account at DOGnzb, NZBs.in, and nzbs(dot)org, all of which have (or seem to have) closed registrations.

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

well I've no downloaded on it as of yet so maybe they purged all accounts not that active in a few weeks. are you a vip if you don't mind me asking.

im thinking the same re nzb.su. I havent logged in for a couple weeks now and poof. Interestingly, they have a redirect to register for a different site listed. wierd.

unoriginal
Premium
join:2000-07-12
San Diego, CA
reply to bryn987
said by bryn987:

binseach and nzbtvseeker are full of brand new shows that are incomplete. I miss matrix already

The indexers have nothing to do with a file being complete or not on usenet. That lies entirely with you news provider. Personally I think Astraweb is having propagation issues again like they did a couple weeks ago.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

No, and they disabled me from going VIP too.
--

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

well what would worry about if they sold out is they got your details if you paid to join and did they save all your searches and what you downloaded as they could turn all that over.

So you only worry about that now that they are shut down? I would have thought the time to worry about such a thing was when you signed up, or when you paid, or when you downloaded the NZB.

sandman_1

said by cdru:

said by TOPDAWG:

well what would worry about if they sold out is they got your details if you paid to join and did they save all your searches and what you downloaded as they could turn all that over.

So you only worry about that now that they are shut down? I would have thought the time to worry about such a thing was when you signed up, or when you paid, or when you downloaded the NZB.

No one should worry about it. Downloading a xml (NZB) file, the last time I checked, wasn't illegal.

bryn987

Antioch, TN
reply to unoriginal

bryn987

Antioch, TN
reply to unoriginal
said by unoriginal:

said by bryn987:

The indexers have nothing to do with a file being complete or not on usenet. That lies entirely with you news provider. Personally I think Astraweb is having propagation issues again like they did a couple weeks ago.

then what do the red numbers mean on their website that say incomplete and when I try to dl the file, I get articles not found mixed in with good articles?

that never happened with nzbmatrix

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to DDR4040
I love working with fellow highly technical sys admins. We'll just set up our own private service.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to unoriginal
said by unoriginal:

Just so I'm clear, the incompletes showing up on binsearch are due to the uploader's service having propagation issues, is that correct?
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

sandman_1

said by El Quintron:

said by unoriginal:

Just so I'm clear, the incompletes showing up on binsearch are due to the uploader's service having propagation issues, is that correct?

Yep there is definitely something wrong with posting. Most people use Astraweb to post and I think they are having major problems yet again. Another reason why I think Astraweb is going down hill fast.