spc
Search similar:

uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

MacBook Air problems

My one year old MacBook Air had been acting strangely. Occasionally it would go to sleep; Finder was...missing (there was nothing in it, restart or relaunch didn't help....Genius said "he'd never seen that"); external hard drive would occasionally not be seen.
In any event, Apple Store replaced logic board and hard drive and I bought a new external hard drive enclosure, assuming the enclosure was the problem with the third issue above.
One week later (used Migration Assistant) I now get periods of unresponsiveness (two, three or more programs not responding and Force Quit can't refresh, computer unresponsive so a cold boot is needed) and the hard drive sitting in the brand new enclosure periodically goes missing (rebooted Airport Extreme and unplugged/replugged hard drive).
Verify Disk didn't find anything. I repaired permissions, too.
Is there anything on the software side that I can try or should I harass them for a new laptop?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I would run activity monitor and when it hangs see if you can see if there is an app chewing drive time or processor capacity. I get LONG pauses sometimes when iTunes decides to 'see' a modded 240GB iPod Video. It takes forever to appear in iTunes and during that time the entire system is locked up or REALLY sluggish.