join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

NzbMatrix Taken Down

Just a matter of time I guess.

»nzbmatrix.com/the_end.html

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada

indexers made it too easy anyway. Just go back to header searching.

Chappy_

@rogers.com

Yeah it's a sad day for sure. It was my hobby for over 6 years.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to AkFubar

Drat.. I used nzbmatrix for RSS downloads. It was nice cause I have an app to grab all my content automatically.

funny

join:2010-12-22
reply to AkFubar

yup too easy and in a way im glad cause the fewer public sites there are the better .....

and that torrent freak posting links to stuff ...well all i can say is if you dont know someone whom dont know someone then maybe you need to be a nicer person and get to know better people.

and go get a AES client/encryptor and decryptor and get using encryption and passing keys to real friends....
enough of htis sharing to people you dont know thats how they are able to screw around in first place and it gives your isps headaches cause then the labels etc whine to them and they have to get bothered..

BE SMART SHOP S-MART

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to AkFubar

Newzbin closed up shop last week, too.

Shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to AkFubar

Were these people American? I take it they were? Otherwise they could do like Isohunt does. Just direct American IP's in a diff direction that is operated by American DMCA.

In other words, to the best of my understanding, they can route Americans to a "clean feed" while the rest of the world has open access. This satisfies Made-in0America censorship and laws.

People are smart enough to work around geo-location blocks to ignore their own countries forced censor.

So seems to me they were just too lazy, or based in the states, or have American assets, or it was just not economical for them to do like isohunt has done.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

It may come as a shock to you, but there are countries other than the United States that have copyright laws that could cause issues for sites like this to operate.

Newzbin was not an American website, nor was it hosted in the US.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

Yep... and guess who collected a huge amount of cash leading up to their announcement to close? I have some raging friends right now.

shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

It may come as a shock to you,

It may come as a shock to you that I am taking within the context of this topic and the American DMCA which is within the context of their stated closure..

[deleted]

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to urbanriot

said by urbanriot:

Yep... and guess who collected a huge amount of cash leading up to their announcement to close? I have some raging friends right now.

Yuppers. With sites like that, you never put more than a few days worth of credit into them in case of situations exactly like this.

This exact same thing happened with the first Newzbin.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to shrug

said by shrug :

It may come as a shock to you that I am taking within the context of this topic and the American DMCA which is within the context of their stated closure..

... so what? Your argument was to move out of the US, and that since they got taken by Americans they must have been lazy. To which, I know you may find it oh so shocking but just because they are not located in the USA does not mean that they are immune from all copyright law or litigation.

In other words, what you said served no purpose or no point.

shrug

@videotron.ca

said by Gone:

said by shrug :

... so what? Your argument was to move out of the US blah blah blah

Isohunt accommodated them is what I said.

What didn't you grasp?

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

They're not accommodating anything. Just because a website may redirect American users doesn't mean that their own domestic authorities won't go after them and attempt to get the site taken down entirely. That is the point you fail to grasp.

Expand your moderator at work

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to urbanriot

Re: NzbMatrix Taken Down

said by urbanriot:

said by Gone:

If they were really trying to leave with a pile of cash, wouldn't they of waited until after there annual Christmas sale where the majority of people top up their accounts?

It's too bad newzbin went down. They kind of went downhill after newzbin1 went down, but with nzbmatrix gone, they probably could of made another run at it.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

they reason they got shutdown was because they didn't have any money. their paypal accounts were being constantly shutdown, and if you think you can host a site like newzbin or nzbmatrix on a simple shared VPS then ok.

i'm pretty sure nzbmatrix was only a one time $5 donation or possible $5/yearly donation too.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to AkFubar

how does binsearch do it ?

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by kovy:

Maybe because they dont have a list of things to browse, you have to search...

Sort of like google, have they ever been sued for showing search results? dont think so....
--

hm

@videotron.ca

said by HiVolt:

said by kovy:

Maybe because they dont have a list of things to browse, you have to search...

Sort of like google, have they ever been sued for showing search results? dont think so....

Yup. Google has been sued for showing links in the eu, the states and Canada. Maybe elsewhere as well. Some successful, some not. Isohunt has as well and works the same way as google. Yup. It happens and already did happen.

I think the issue here is their filtering or removal in a mass manner, if we look at torrent freak on the issue.

Also, binsearch isn't user revenue dependent.